Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

View Poll Results: Which device do you spend the most time with?
Smartphone 22 21.15%
Laptop 13 12.50%
Desktop computer 24 23.08%
Gaming console 0 0%
Tablet 20 19.23%
Dedicated e-reader 22 21.15%
TV 1 0.96%
Radio 1 0.96%
Others: please mention 1 0.96%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-24-2017, 01:54 AM   #46
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
I mostly read on my dedicated reader but spend most time with my smartphone. As I use it for almost everything else from remote controlling my computer to streaming videos etc. Even when I am using a dedicated device to watch Tv the device is usually controlled by my smart phone.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:30 AM   #47
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I spend by far the most time on a laptop, because it's what I use for work.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:13 AM   #48
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
So what Blossom is saying is that iOS is better than Android.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
The full site is fine on my Galaxy S8.
Apache
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I would hope so for the price you pay for one of those.

Sent from my XT1528
I was replying to Jon's post. I forgot to quote him.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:55 PM   #49
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Can you say this in the thread where some people are trying to push Android tablets to deal with PDF when an iPad Pro is better for that (due to the better apps) hands down?
For me, the real difference maker for reading PDFs is CPU speed and display size. The OS is pretty much irrelevant. I use both an iPad and a Nexus tablet to read PDF manuals. They works equally well but I prefer the iPad for the simple reason that it has a larger screen. I've used my KA1 to read a PDF manual when it was my only choice and it works but again I prefer a larger screen and a faster CPU. Given my druthers, I'd always use my laptop to read PDFs but there have been times when there is no other choice than to use a portable device.

The usual this is my personal experience and your mileage will vary disclaimer goes here.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 03:02 PM   #50
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Just to fit in with the original intent of this thread. My ereading device of choice is a Kobo Aura One -- the 7.8" screen is kinder to these aging eyes. The device I spend the most time on is my laptop (Lenovo W530, 32GB RAM, 1.5TB SSD, etc.) which is a work device. I have an iPad and a Nexus tablet which are also work devices to allow testing with iOS and Android. IT gets the nicest toys.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:40 AM   #51
toddhicks209
Enthusiast
toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toddhicks209 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Although I use my laptop for about 8 hours daily, I listen to my radio all day and carry it around the house to listen to music.
toddhicks209 is offline   Reply With Quote