Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-19-2015, 10:51 AM   #1
gigig
gigig began at the beginning.

Device: Calibre
Exclamation Help! Need to restore previous version

Hi guys,

I am freaking out because after hours of work I went to save my book as an epub and then opened it in iBooks and discovered that somehow when I saved it as an epub it had reverted to its original crappy converted-from-word-with-messed-up-formatting version.

Is there a way to restore the version I worked so hard to create? My TOC is gone. All my HTML - gone. I have no idea what even happened, but I'm in tears.

Please help.
gigig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:05 AM   #2
phossler
Wizard
phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phossler ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Shot in the dark, but are you SURE you're opening the edited version?

A File Search on the computer MIGHT find the newer one

(This is a lesson I learned)
phossler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 11:25 AM   #3
gigig

It's the only version there
Old 04-19-2015, 12:54 PM   #4
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Have you looked at the version in Calibre using the Calibre viewer or editor? Maybe you didn't actually upload the new version to iBooks?
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:17 AM   #5
gigig

Yes...

When I went back and reopened it in Calibre all the formatting was gone.
Old 04-28-2015, 07:24 PM   #6
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Dumb question but are you sure you saved it? Not just closed the editor?
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 09:25 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Doesn't the editor work on original_epub (I don't keep those, so I have not had that issue)
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, restore, restore database