Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 08-04-2013, 06:28 PM   #46
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle, fire
So the tablet they are using from 8:00 to 10:00 is a Kindle Fire HD not a Galaxy. The only name I heard was when earthling (whatever his name is) said 'we did it with a galaxy s4 at 10:00. Regardless, they were chromecasting netflix not tab casting from the tablet. I don't think that can be done, so I am in no hurry to install a rom that supports chrome.

I have play installed and I suspect lots of apps are going to show up for the chromecaster. Should be fun.
wizwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #47
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizwor View Post
So the tablet they are using from 8:00 to 10:00 is a Kindle Fire HD not a Galaxy. The only name I heard was when earthling (whatever his name is) said 'we did it with a galaxy s4 at 10:00. Regardless, they were chromecasting netflix not tab casting from the tablet. I don't think that can be done, so I am in no hurry to install a rom that supports chrome.

I have play installed and I suspect lots of apps are going to show up for the chromecaster. Should be fun.
I was responding to your post about casting tabs being for Windows only, not about tablets.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2013, 07:32 PM   #48
wizwor
Wizard
wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wizwor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Are you saying you can tab cast from a kindle fire?
Old 08-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #49
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Are you saying you can tab cast from a kindle fire?
No, as I said I haven't tried yet.

Edit: Sorry, I just realized I confused you when I wrote:

Quote:
Hmm, I watched a video on YouTube (via the Chromecast) that showed a Mac working as well as a Kindle Fire. I'm not embedding the link because it's a 15 minute video.
I meant that the Mac was casting the tab. I mentioned the Kindle Fire just so you would know it was in the video as well.

I see that I made it look at though the video was showing the Kindle Fire casting from a Chrome tab. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited by daffy4u; 08-04-2013 at 08:32 PM.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:42 PM   #50
wizwor
Wizard

I'm afraid I'm responsible for the confusion..
Quote:
I think the issue may be that the version of android the first gen is based on will not run the chromecast enabled apps. I tried to install chrome and got parameter errors, for instance. Even if I found a 2.3 version of chrome, it might not be chromecast enhanced.
Quote:
I have managed to root and install some google apps using the kfu and can control youtube and netflix. Thanks for your help with that.

I'd like to be able to tab-cast from the fire, but I guess that would require a rom?
Quote:
Looks like tab casting is windows only right now.
In my brain, these are all part of one fabric. I started out trying to get Chrome on my KF1 so I could stream to the Chromecast. In the end, I didn't need Chrome and even if I had installed a new ROM to support Chrome, it would not have worked.

So, I should have said that tab casting will not work with android versions of Chrome. I'm very happy to stream Netflix and YT with my fire, but from my PC, I can stream Plex, Playon, Hulu, Aereo, Filmon, and just about anything else.

Thanks to all for your help. I learned a lot.
Advert