Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-05-2012, 05:39 PM   #16
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook (RIP), Kobo Touch
Signing out from Kobo under settings required me to run through the whole setup process again -- it did this to me twice before I figured out I had no choice. Now I have to stay signed in to a store I don't use to have a workable device?

Last edited by artifact; 10-05-2012 at 06:39 PM. Reason: sticking to the bug and leaving comments for the other thread.
artifact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 05:58 PM   #17
artifact
Addict
artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artifact ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nevermind... these are reported in the other thread.

Last edited by artifact; 10-05-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 06:30 PM   #18
davemsc
davemsc began at the beginning.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbrII View Post
Just checked, closed in the middle of a chapter, and in my case it returned to the correct page when I restarted.
There isn't a setting I am missing is there? This is HIGHLY annoying. In sleep mode, it is ok, but a full powered off mode, upon restart I am at the nearest Chapter title page.

Figures, I was pretty happy with the upgrade (pages turn way faster now)....but who cares if I have to manually flip to my last page...sigh
davemsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:43 PM   #19
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
deleted

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 10-07-2012 at 09:20 PM.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 06:52 PM   #20
GvilleBridge
Connoisseur
GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.GvilleBridge knows the chase is better than the catch.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Tablet
Any opinion on 2.1.4's new and improved shelving? And BTW any way to use Calibre to designate shelves? 2.0's shelving was tedious to the extreme as it was one shelf at a time with repeated stepping through the entire library. It would be a lot easier to use mass metadata editing in Calibre.
GvilleBridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:25 PM   #21
davemsc

I now can't load any ebooks to the Kobo now after the update.

Can anyone help?

This upgrade completely messed mine up.

To recap, it won't stay on the page that I turned it off on, and now can't upload anything to my KT...
Thanks!
Old 10-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #22
Sound
Sound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead communitySound has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by davemsc View Post
I now can't load any ebooks to the Kobo now after the update.

Can anyone help?

This upgrade completely messed mine up.

To recap, it won't stay on the page that I turned it off on, and now can't upload anything to my KT...
Thanks!
Sign out and sign in. If that doesn't work then do a factory reset.
Sound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #23
davemsc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound View Post
Sign out and sign in. If that doesn't work then do a factory reset.
A basic rest did nothing. I just started a factory reset. I am concerned that no one else had these problems though after the upgrade. My kobo was working perfectly until that 2.1.4. upgrade.

I hope this fixes it - I wasn't able to upload anything to the KT so hopefully that gets rectified.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:07 PM   #24
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
When you said "basic rest did nothing" what do you mean?

gthe advice was to do a LOGOUT; this is done from the settings menu and is a logout from your Kobo Account. This deletes the internal database which it sounds like was corrupted on your unit.

doing this avoids the firmware upgrade.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #25
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by GvilleBridge View Post
Any opinion on 2.1.4's new and improved shelving? And BTW any way to use Calibre to designate shelves? 2.0's shelving was tedious to the extreme as it was one shelf at a time with repeated stepping through the entire library. It would be a lot easier to use mass metadata editing in Calibre.
The main extra for the shelves is to be able to add a book to a shelf from the book list or while reading a book. It is a lot better. Shelf related performance is a lot better as well.

As to calibre, https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=192863.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 12:47 AM   #26
murg
No Comment
murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Not just an eReader, it's an adventure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK View Post
WARNING: Going forward we are distributing specific upgrade packages to devices based on various criteria which makes the upgrades incompatible between some devices.
So, are you saying that, in the future, we will be stuck with whatever firmware we Kobo has forced on us, regardless of any issues, without the possiblity of going back to a previous version of the firmware?

Considering that Kobo is taking from 3 to 4 months to issue a firmware release now, that is a long time to live with a device that is working on a sub-par level.
murg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 01:49 AM   #27
artifact
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulsoup View Post
when I tried to quote thia, I saw you had posted the "nevermind."

It was about the Delima font, correct?

Which other thread?

This thread: Firmware 2.1.4 with 10+ pages of replies and comments vs. MDK's official annoucement which is only 2 pages currently.

Mentioned in that thread are:
Only 7 fonts and apparently no longer a way to add custom ones -- one of the missing is Delima, yep.
Shortlist hearts are gone and you can't add to a shelf from the Books listing.
The wishlist at the bottom of the screen with no way to disable it.
.... more I can't remember off the top of my head. Maybe we need a 'these are the changes/bugs' compilation somwehere since the release notes are so lacking.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:05 AM   #28
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifact View Post
Only 7 fonts and apparently no longer a way to add custom ones
Hang on - I'm pretty sure Sameer has said that you will readily be able to load custom fonts, just that TypeGenius won't work on them.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:28 AM   #29
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by artifact View Post
Maybe we need a 'these are the changes/bugs' compilation somwehere since the release notes are so lacking.
I wrote the following for another forum:
  • The shelf handling is a lot faster
  • From the library lists or while reading a book, you can add the book to a shelf
  • The problem with covers used for the sleep screen is fixed.
  • If you adjust the font settings for a book, they are saved for that book.
  • The library lists have "x – y of z items" to show you where you are in the list.
  • The little hearts for the Shortlist has been dropped. The Shortlist is just another shelf, but it appears at the top of the shelves list.
  • Inserting an SD card is faster, especially the second time.
  • The home page is mainly the same as for 2.0.0.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 AM   #30
jpelgrom
jpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of lightjpelgrom is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle (7th Gen.), Kobo Touch
Can I report wrong translations here?
In the Dutch translation it says 'Op updates controlere' when checking for updates. However, the correct translation should be 'Op updates controleren'. It's like saying 'Checki for updates' instead of 'Checking for updates'
jpelgrom is offline   Reply With Quote