Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 11-10-2018, 05:49 PM   #16
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
Well I didn't have a flashlight but I did tend to read in bed. Many were the nights when my mom would say, "Put down the book, turn off the light, and go to sleep."
The very reason I needed the flashlight.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:16 AM   #17
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
You're a good grandparent rhadin.
Thank you.

My wife and I try to buy things that will stimulate the grandchildren's interest in things other than the normal gender stereotypes. For example, this holiday we will be giving the oldest child a personal planetarium that will turn her bedroom into outer space.

We have bought a variety of STEM toys for them (age appropriate, of course) and even try to find books that tell them they can become whatever they want to become (eg, Rosie Revere, Engineer and Iggy Peck, Architect and Ada Twist, Scientist). One said she wants to be a lawyer like her father, her uncle, and me, so we found an autobiography of Supreme Court Justice Sonia Sotomayor (Turning Pages: My Life Story) that is written for young children. (We were lucky in that we were able to find autographed copies for the grandchildren.)

As soon as the grandchildren express an interest in something, we try to find educational books and projects for them in the area. My grandchildren will know that they can be whatever they wish to be.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert