Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 12-22-2015, 11:24 AM   #61
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
Try using calibre to manage your +2000 collection on your other devices.

www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=236

The Fire 7 ain't a good device to read lots of books anyways.
Is this supposed to point to a specific thread or post? I didn't think Calibre could manage Kindle collections.
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 12:35 PM   #62
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, PRS-T-2, PRS 350, PRS 950; Kobo Mini; Kindle PW3, Fire 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
I didn't think Calibre could manage Kindle collections.
It manages my kindle collections on my kindle basic/keyboard with the help of DRM removal tool (see link below).

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=253119

I have no idea if calibre is compatlible with kindle fire 7 tho.
Ricky D'Angelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2015, 03:14 PM   #63
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Little Egret,
What exactly is on the home page of your fire?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:36 PM   #64
Little.Egret
Wizard
Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Little.Egret ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G, Kindle Fire 2, NOOK ST, Kindle HDX, Fire 7"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Little Egret,
What exactly is on the home page of your fire?
Same Fire OS as the HDX

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...deId=201829240

There's a video

If you want start at https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/cus...eng_qs_tf_help

Last edited by Little.Egret; 12-22-2015 at 04:38 PM.
Little.Egret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 04:53 PM   #65
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Yuck on that Home screen.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2015, 10:09 AM   #66
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic
Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ricky D'Angelo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little.Egret View Post
The Fire 7" Tab (2015) hasn't got a Carousel
Would it be possible to have this feature added in a software update?
Old 12-23-2015, 03:05 PM   #67
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Probably not. Too many people complained how much they hated the carousel. I thought that they'd never get rid of it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2015, 07:11 PM   #68
Ricky D'Angelo
Fanatic

Yeah, I didn't think the carousel would be that much of a useful feature to help manage selections. In regards to calibre I connected my fire 7 tab and it was recognized immediately with no problems.

*Edit*

Well today when I tried to connect the fire 7 to calibre I got the following error prompt.

Quote:
calibre, version 1.40.0
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Cannot write to file: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 86, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 490, in _books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 208, in books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 180, in get_driveinfo
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 170, in _update_drive_info
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 35, in check_thread
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 439, in put_file
WPDError: Cannot write to file: hr=2147500037 facility=0 error_code=16389 description: Unspecified error
Has anyone else run into trouble connecting their kindle fire to calibre?

*2nd Edit*
After updating calibre to latest version still unable to connect fire to calibre.
Quote:
calibre Debug log
calibre 2.47 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')

Last edited by Ricky D'Angelo; 12-24-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Old 02-06-2016, 06:37 PM   #69
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
I don't have a problem getting Calibre to recognize it, and move books to it, but then they don't show up in books or docs. I have to use ES to find them, and click on them.
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 09:06 PM   #70
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky D'Angelo View Post
Yeah, I didn't think the carousel would be that much of a useful feature to help manage selections. In regards to calibre I connected my fire 7 tab and it was recognized immediately with no problems.

*Edit*

Well today when I tried to connect the fire 7 to calibre I got the following error prompt.

Has anyone else run into trouble connecting their kindle fire to calibre?

*2nd Edit*
After updating calibre to latest version still unable to connect fire to calibre.
Let Kovid know about the problem in the Calibre forum. There is very little people can do to help in this forum as it's a Calibre issue.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 02:01 PM   #71
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does the little $50 fire have TTS? I was able to set it up on my HDX, but can't figure out the setting on this one.

I haven't had an issue connecting it to Calibre, and getting it to recognize it, but I can't move books except through calibre companion. Calibre says they are there, and ES shows they are there, but they don't show up in kindle.

This is a great little tablet for reading in bed, I really like the blue shade.
Old 02-07-2016, 04:04 PM   #72
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Yes, it has TTS. You can set the voice used and stuff in the device setting under Keyboard & Language.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 05:57 PM   #73
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Yes, it has TTS. You can set the voice used and stuff in the device setting under Keyboard & Language.
Thanks!
Old 02-07-2016, 06:03 PM   #74
Sydney's Mom
Wizard

This is fabulous! I always hated the carousel--the recent tab is a great compromise. This was a little hard to get used to-I guess I was just so used to my HDX. But for a beside the bed bedtime reader, it can't be beat. And as I said to my husband, if I brick it (already installed google play store), so what, it was $50. I love getting new electronics and setting them up the way I want-this is the cheapest satisfy my jones I have found!
Old 02-25-2016, 04:14 PM   #75
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Does anyone have PDF graphs & such on this Fire? How do they look? Cant you post a few pictures? My son wants one IF he cant use it for D&D PDFs he has.
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote