Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-14-2011, 02:31 PM   #1
Mark Rehorst
was engr, now dentist
Mark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic somethingMark Rehorst has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Kindle DXG
Meaning of "Keep at most" in news downloads

I have set up some daily news downloads and used the option "keep at most" set to 1 issue. I have noticed that Calibre reports multiple "books" under each of the subscription entries and I get multiple day's copies of those downloaded news pages on my Kindle.

I want Calibre to just dump the stuff that's more than a day old and overwrite it with the new download. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!
Mark Rehorst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 08:57 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
keep at most refers to how many issues calibre will keep in its library on your computer, not on the Kindle. The Kindle should automatically archive issues more than 8 days old.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert