Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 10-30-2020, 08:27 AM   #361
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I would fix this if I can. The problem is that I don't use windows. By looking briefly at the code it seems to me the purpose of the module in question is to update the recent docs list in windows. So maybe by removing this bit of functionality this can be solved. I also tried to look at calibre's built-in open with, but it was too complicated for me to follow.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:45 AM   #362
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I see that Kovid already posted instructions on how to fix the problems with this plugin here. So here is a version with those modifications. Note I cannot test these because I don't have access to Windows right now. If anyone can test and report back.

Last edited by capink; 10-30-2020 at 08:53 AM. Reason: remove attachment.
Advert
Old 10-30-2020, 08:52 AM   #363
capink
Wizard

The version attached here is the version of the plugin that works with calibre versions < 5.4.0.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Open With.zip (110.0 KB, 372 views)

Last edited by capink; 10-30-2020 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 10:57 AM   #364
capink
Wizard

This is embarrassing. The version I attached above is based on a custom version that is not compatible with original. So, I'm attaching a new one here. Really sorry for the earlier mishaps.

Edit: New version compatible with Calibre versions >= 5.4.0 is now released (attached to the first post).

Last edited by capink; 10-30-2020 at 05:30 PM.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:05 AM   #365
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by capink View Post
This is embarrassing. The version I attached above is based on a custom version that is not compatible with original. So, I'm attaching a new one here. Really sorry for the earlier mishaps.
Thanks! It worked here.
I tested the configured programs, and also tested adding/deleting entries.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2020, 11:27 AM   #366
capink
Wizard

Thanks for testing. Before releasing this I would like make sure it works with more programs. So if anyone else can test, please do so with all programs you have configured and report back please.

And if anyone can test with a calibre path containing non-ascii characters on windows machine.
Old 10-30-2020, 11:27 AM   #367
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Tested the new version here and all seems okay. Programs open and editing entries works.

Thanks!

Edit: That's with the 3 programs I have Open With setup for.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:34 AM   #368
capink
Wizard

Also if someone can explain what the code below is trying to do — especially the part highlighted in red — I would appreciate it.

Code:
                if external_app_path.lower().endswith('calibredb.exe'):
                    print('running a calibredb command.')
                    startupinfo = subprocess.STARTUPINFO()
                    startupinfo.dwFlags |= subprocess.STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW
                    fred = 'calibredb add --library-path="C:/Users/Declan/Documents/Calibre Library" -d "D:/Downloads/Merlin-Thered Been A Time - A_Fallen_Sister.epub"'
                    p = subprocess.Popen(fred, shell=True, startupinfo=startupinfo)
                    rc = p.wait()
                    if rc != 0:
                        if DEBUG: print("FAILURE for: ", fred)
                    else:
                        if DEBUG: print("...success for...", fred)
Old 10-30-2020, 02:18 PM   #369
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:

It was a pain to go the long way (O then launch sigil) to Sigil
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 03:01 PM   #370
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD

I didn't know how much I relied on Open With's keyboard shortcuts until I lost them.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 05:22 PM   #371
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post

I didn't know how much I relied on Open With's keyboard shortcuts until I lost them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post

It was a pain to go the long way (O then launch sigil) to Sigil
Thanks all for testing. Since the current version is broken already, I will post this new version. I bumped the minimum calibre version to 5.4.0 so people with older calibre versions with will not get the new update. The first post will have a link for the older version of the plugin.
Old 10-30-2020, 09:34 PM   #372
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Also if someone can explain what the code below is trying to do — especially the part highlighted in red — I would appreciate it.

Code:
                if external_app_path.lower().endswith('calibredb.exe'):
                    print('running a calibredb command.')
                    startupinfo = subprocess.STARTUPINFO()
                    startupinfo.dwFlags |= subprocess.STARTF_USESHOWWINDOW
                    fred = 'calibredb add --library-path="C:/Users/Declan/Documents/Calibre Library" -d "D:/Downloads/Merlin-Thered Been A Time - A_Fallen_Sister.epub"'
                    p = subprocess.Popen(fred, shell=True, startupinfo=startupinfo)
                    rc = p.wait()
                    if rc != 0:
                        if DEBUG: print("FAILURE for: ", fred)
                    else:
                        if DEBUG: print("...success for...", fred)
That is something I was experimenting with a long time ago. From memory, there was some claim posted about how calibredb.exe had to be run and I was trying work out if they were correct. At around the same time, I was also trying to work out if Sigil needed to still be handled separately. The highlighted line was just me hardcoding something so that I knew exactly what the results should be. And didn't clobber the real library.

You can safely remove it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 10:15 AM   #373
capink
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That is something I was experimenting with a long time ago. From memory, there was some claim posted about how calibredb.exe had to be run and I was trying work out if they were correct. At around the same time, I was also trying to work out if Sigil needed to still be handled separately. The highlighted line was just me hardcoding something so that I knew exactly what the results should be. And didn't clobber the real library.

You can safely remove it.
OK. Will do that. Thanks.
Old 08-05-2021, 10:28 AM   #374
loyukfai
Zealot
loyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura aboutloyukfai has a spectacular aura about

Device: none
Would like to use this MS Store app to open EPUB files, any idea how?

Aquile Reader: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/p/aq...r/9p08t4jltqnk

Cheers.
loyukfai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:07 AM   #375
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
If it's for windows then you are better with with stand-alone ereader installed with Calibre.

Ominously the specs have no mention of formats supported and it does mention using it to buy books from them and read your own DRM free books.

If you've installed and it won't display an epub OR mobi/kindle from www.gutenberg.org (download both) see does it open PDFs. Maybe it's just junk, or not an eBook reader at all but just for PDFs.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, kepubify