Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
quatermass
quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
How to download a purchased book to all my devices at time of purchase?

This probably has an obvious answer but this Kindle owner of many years can't figure it out. When buying a Kindle book, I want it to download to my Kindle, phone and tablet simultaneously instead of having to go Manage My Devices and downloading them one at a time to each. Surely, there must be a way to do this?

Thanks.
quatermass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
TimW
Wizard
TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TimW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK3G, KPW1, Sony PRST1, Sony PRS350, iPod Touch 5G
Quote:
Originally Posted by quatermass View Post
This probably has an obvious answer but this Kindle owner of many years can't figure it out. When buying a Kindle book, I want it to download to my Kindle, phone and tablet simultaneously instead of having to go Manage My Devices and downloading them one at a time to each. Surely, there must be a way to do this?

Thanks.
To my knowledge, there isn't. Adding books to different devices/apps must be done from the MYK page or from the archive on each device/app. Although I've haven't noticed many people asking for a global add, you may request it by emailing kindle-feedback@amazon.com.
TimW is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-18-2012, 02:32 AM   #3
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Not that I know of
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

No option like that is available. I think Amazon could add an item to the Deliver To drop list on the purchase page that read "All My Devices." I doubt they will though because of the extra bandwidth required. But it doesn't hurt to ask them.
Old 07-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #5
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
If you have too many devices, you may not even be able to load a book on all of them manually: many of Amazon's ebooks have a 6 device limit.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2012, 01:17 AM   #6
quatermass
quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.quatermass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
Thanks for the replies. I've written to Amazon about it.
quatermass is offline   Reply With Quote