Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 10-06-2021, 09:45 PM   #1
paullight
paullight began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Converting Apple iBook format to Kindle format

I have created an iBook of photographs and made it available in the Apple Book store. I would like to re-format this book an republish it as a Kindle ebook. How do I do this?
paullight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:20 PM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
How did you create your book?

Does the tool that you used allow export in EPUB or HTML?
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 12:18 AM   #3
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by paullight View Post
I have created an iBook of photographs and made it available in the Apple Book store. I would like to re-format this book an republish it as a Kindle ebook. How do I do this?
If it's a valid reflowable epub2 or epub3 book, you can directly upload it to KDP.
If you want to offer it for download on your own website, you'll need to convert it to a dual MOBI file with Calibre.

Last edited by Doitsu; 10-07-2021 at 12:42 AM.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 08:48 AM   #4
paullight

I created it with Pages 11.2

I have no idea if it allows export in EPUB or HTML.
Old 10-07-2021, 08:50 AM   #5
paullight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
If it's a valid reflowable epub2 or epub3 book, you can directly upload it to KDP.
If you want to offer it for download on your own website, you'll need to convert it to a dual MOBI file with Calibre.
I don't know what any of these applications are.
Old 10-07-2021, 08:51 AM   #6
paullight

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
How did you create your book?

Does the tool that you used allow export in EPUB or HTML?

Old 10-07-2021, 11:51 AM   #7
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:

Pages can export to EPUB. If you are publishing directly to Apple Books from Pages, an EPUB is generated as part of the process.

You could try exporting to EPUB and then uploading the EPUB to KDP. Be prepared for a few rounds of fixing errors though that may have improved since the last time I helped with Pages was a couple of years back.

Personally, I rank Pages close to InDesign for producing user hostile CSS.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2021, 11:20 PM   #8
paullight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Pages can export to EPUB. If you are publishing directly to Apple Books from Pages, an EPUB is generated as part of the process.

You could try exporting to EPUB and then uploading the EPUB to KDP. Be prepared for a few rounds of fixing errors though that may have improved since the last time I helped with Pages was a couple of years back.

Personally, I rank Pages close to InDesign for producing user hostile CSS.
Are you saying that once I have uploaded the Page document as a book that Pages has made it an EPUB file?
Old 10-08-2021, 12:59 AM   #9
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
Are you saying that once I have uploaded the Page document as a book that Pages has made it an EPUB file?
There's a whole lot of "it depends" here. IF you exported the ePUB (which you must have done, in order to upload it to Books app) as fixed-layout, so that the font sizes do NOT change, the pages work like an ePDF, then no, you can't use that at KDP.

99% chance that even if you got into the coding and the ePUB was reflowable, you need to get into the code, into the HTML and CSS, too.

It sounds as though you are not familiar with any of these things. Do you perhaps have a friend who is? Because you need to know what's going on inside the file, to know whether you can, or cannot, upload an ePUB to the Kindle (KDP) portal.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 06:00 PM   #10
paullight

Thank you for your responses to my question. I think that I have chosen a project beyond my technical ability and that it is best to not pursue it at this time.

Tags
apple books, conversion, ibook, kindle