Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-26-2019, 04:33 AM   #1
apperkobo
apperkobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Kobo Aura touchscreen area problem

Hello!

I have a very old Kobo Aura and unfortunately, the touchscreen started to give me some problems.

There is a specific area on the screen that doesn't catch the tap, so it is impossible to select for example a number from the keyboard.

To identify better the screen issue I opened the Sketch Pad and I tried to draw vertical lines. As can be seen, there is a point where the "pointer" goes crazy and point in a specific area.

I already tried to factory reset my ebook...but nothing...maybe is a hardware problem. Does someone has experienced a similar issue? How can I fix it?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2019-09-24 at 12.14.51.jpeg
Views:	299
Size:	110.9 KB
ID:	173709  
apperkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:20 PM   #2
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Try some compressed air and blow out the area where the screen and frame meet. It's possible to get some dirt in there and that can block the IR beams used to detect touch and mess things up.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2019, 08:23 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Except that the Aura has a capacitive touch layer, not IR, something which should have been made obvious by the flush screen clearly visible in the OP's picture .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 01:14 AM   #4
apperkobo
apperkobo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Yes I think that is capacitive because the screen go from edge to egde.

The source of the problem can be the position in the external pocket of my backpack.

I think that screen is not perfectly flat so when I touch in that specific area the capacitive touch is confused. Is that possible? Any suggestions?

Thank you
apperkobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:01 PM   #5
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Except that the Aura has a capacitive touch layer, not IR, something which should have been made obvious by the flush screen clearly visible in the OP's picture .
Fair enough. Couldn't remember which it had and the shadow on the right edge convinced me it was a recessed screen. Knew I should have looked it up to be sure
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
issue, touchsceen