Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-05-2020, 01:48 PM   #16
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo. Samsung Galaxy Tab. Kindle 4 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Did you rename just ONE folder to Main?
Don't get confused by Windows 'Library' view. It is the Same folder

Run Library Maintenance whenever what books you see is not what is expected You see only 1 entry, but have 2 when peeking below the skirts.
Thanks for that ducks
But it didnt show the 2nd copy of the book.

Last edited by Jo69; 07-06-2020 at 07:49 AM.
Jo69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 05:02 PM   #17
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo69 View Post
Copied one from windows and one through calibre
My mistake was changing the calibre name in documents to Main first
Which means I now have two main folders
Want to delete the one in documents
But trying in calibre I don't know which one it is.

Can I just delete it.
Or maybe rename it again so I know which one to delete?
If you click on Switch/Create library, it will show you the path to the current active library. I'd suggest using that to locate the Main library you want to remove and then removing it. See the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	library_location1.png
Views:	61
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	180411  

Last edited by DNSB; 07-05-2020 at 05:07 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2020, 01:15 AM   #18
Jo69
Addict
Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jo69 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi yes done that already but it shows 2 Main folders and there's no way of telling which one to delete now. It just says Main and you cant tell which one lol
Can I rename the one I don't want that's in documents?

Or ideally would rename the one I'm now using?

Last edited by Jo69; 07-06-2020 at 01:38 AM.
Old 07-06-2020, 04:07 AM   #19
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
you can rename a library using Calibre (when renaming the windows folder name is actually changed) but not the library opened in Calibre.

Calibre / Library button / Rename library / change it to something like "Main1"
then open the "Main1" library and repeat the steps above to rename the other library if you want (maybe Main2)
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 04:12 AM   #20
Jo69
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus68 View Post
you can rename a library using Calibre (when renaming the windows folder name is actually changed) but not the library opened in Calibre.

Calibre / Library button / Rename library / change it to something like "Main1"
then open the "Main1" library and repeat the steps above to rename the other library if you want (maybe Main2)
I just want to delete the one in Documents that i no longer want.
As I have merged it with the Main one

Last edited by Jo69; 07-06-2020 at 05:46 AM.
Advert
Old 07-06-2020, 11:38 AM   #21
Horus68
Zealot
Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.Horus68 understands the mechanisms of the catecholamine pathways.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
If you don't want it just delete the folder you do not need anymore (in windows).
Then, if you go to Calibre and switch library to the one corresponding to the folder already deleted, calibre will ask you to remove that entry from the menu.

EDITED: The rename library on my previous reply is not required just an easy way to make sure you are able to see what folder is what library (as both have same name)

Last edited by Horus68; 07-06-2020 at 12:38 PM.
Horus68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 12:06 PM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Hi yes done that already but it shows 2 Main folders and there's no way of telling which one to delete now. It just says Main and you cant tell which one lol
Can I rename the one I don't want that's in documents?

Or ideally would rename the one I'm now using?
Did you look at the image I attached to my previous message? The circled (ovaled??) line is the full path to the library. So one of your Main libraries should show C:\Users\username\...\Main and the other should show C:\Users\username\Documents\...\Main on that line.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 02:42 AM   #23
Jo69
Addict

Thank you all very much.
All sorted now, apart from the fact I have 2 identical books in the calibre Main folder
But not in Calibre itself

But then again I have no reason to go in the Main folder anymore.

I checked in Library Maintenance-Check Library and that says all ok.

Last edited by Jo69; 07-07-2020 at 02:47 AM.
Old 07-07-2020, 09:19 AM   #24
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Thank you all very much.
All sorted now, apart from the fact I have 2 identical books in the calibre Main folder
But not in Calibre itself

But then again I have no reason to go in the Main folder anymore.

I checked in Library Maintenance-Check Library and that says all ok.
99.99% of Calibre users have no good reason to be poking beneath the skirts.
Calibre will Find and Deliver if you use it.

As to your Identical?? One has a different Author or Title ENTRY, else maintenance would squawk. ( any spelling or punctuation differences is sufficient. If they were under the same Author FOLDER, the title is wrong. Use Calibre ONLY to find. Find Duplicates plugin:fuzzy mode)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 11:32 AM   #25
Jo69
Addict

Hi Find and deliver?
Titles are identical
I shouldnt have checked the folders, but since I was moving calibre folder I just did.
Find Duplicates doesnt find the extra one
As its not in Calibre itself
Just bought the second one last month as well Grr.

But never mind
Thanks for replying. Now My folders are merged I am backing uo the correct folder lol

Ps Lucky you living in California
Old 07-07-2020, 01:16 PM   #26
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
nothing really wrong with lookin', but that does lead to touching, and that could confuse Calibres record.

If Find Duplicates does not find it, and Library Maintenance does not complain.
Something (Author, Title, Language) is different.

Unknown to Calibre files (remember touching issues ) get flagged.

I have quite a few 'reused' titles. Just different Authors
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 03:17 AM   #27
Jo69
Addict

The only difference is the folder name number (588) and (8521)
I dont usually look in calibe folder, it was only beacause I moved calibre from Documents

I am a tidy person lol but think I will leave well alone

Thanks for all the help..many times.