Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-04-2020, 01:23 AM   #1
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Error opening book

"Sorry, cannot open this book. This book will be downloaded later."

Books I bought from B&N will not open on my glowlight 3, a B&N device? All I can say is thank goodness I backed up all my B&N titles on calibre and can transfer them to a different ereader. And I guess somewhere out there is a workaround or a fix, but with alternatives like kobo and kindle I'm not that fired up to go looking for it. The glowlight 3 - hardware-wise - is the best ereader I've ever owned but the software makes me want to throw it into a brick wall.

ETA: seems my credit card info had expired but even with updating the new exp date I'm still not able to open the books I'd previously paid for.

Last edited by wandalynn; 07-04-2020 at 11:59 AM.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2020, 03:37 AM   #2
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Quote:
Originally Posted by wandalynn View Post
"Sorry, cannot open this book. This book will be downloaded later."

Books I bought from B&N will not open on my glowlight 3, a B&N device? All I can say is thank goodness I backed up all my B&N titles on calibre and can transfer them to a different ereader. And I guess somewhere out there is a workaround or a fix, but with alternatives like kobo and kindle I'm not that fired up to go looking for it. The glowlight 3 - hardware-wise - is the best ereader I've ever owned but the software makes me want to throw it into a brick wall.

ETA: seems my credit card info had expired but even with updating the new exp date I'm still not able to open the books I'd previously paid for.
Tried all the steps on the B&N site with no resolution, finally deregistered and reregistered the device and now I can download and read my books. So, will I be buying any further content from B&N?

Last edited by wandalynn; 07-04-2020 at 11:59 AM.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 03:31 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
So, will I be buying any further content from B&N?
I know man. I really enjoy my Nooks, but I haven't bought a book from B&N for quite a while.
ZodWallop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 09:28 PM   #4
GoodCompany
Connoisseur
GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.GoodCompany is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kindle E-Reader (basic), Nook Glowlight Plus 3
Quote:
The glowlight 3 - hardware-wise - is the best ereader I've ever owned but the software makes me want to throw it into a brick wall.
My exact sentiments! I just had to erase and reregister to make it usable again. But when it's working, my fav too!
GoodCompany is offline   Reply With Quote