Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-01-2023, 01:18 AM   #1
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Clara HD, Elipsa; Kindle Paperwhite 3 & 4; iOS eReader apps
Kobo Reading Life email hasn't arrived in a while

Somebody posted their recent Kobo Reading Life stats in another thread, and that got me to thinking. When was the last time I received that mailing? So I looked into it, and the last time I received that mailing was August 2022.

There is a link in the email to view those stats in a browser, but that only loads empty data as you can see in the attached photo. I checked my account settings on kobo.com, and I have mailings authorized.

Is this common with others? Are only a few people receiving Kobo Reading Life emails? Perhaps there's a way to turn it back on?

Cootey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 01:31 AM   #2
Number9
Dude
Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Number9 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One; Kobo Aura H2o; Sony Reader PRS-T3
I never received one of those.

Last edited by Number9; 06-01-2023 at 04:29 PM.
Number9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 03:50 AM   #3
Colonel Cathcart
Addict
Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Colonel Cathcart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number9 View Post
I never received one of those.
Neither have I.
Colonel Cathcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 06:00 AM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I have never got one, even on the email used for Kobo ebook purchases.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 12:39 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I'm received the April, 2023 Kobo Plus reading life email but didn't see one in May.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2023, 02:49 PM   #6
Cootey
Absentminded Reader
Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cootey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I'm received the April, 2023 Kobo Plus reading life email but didn't see one in May.

I believe you were the one who posted your recent stats in another thread. Do you recall receiving that email before April, too?

I'm not sure I want to reach out to Kobo CS about it. They'll just insist that I reset my firmware. 🙄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 06-01-2023, 02:50 PM   #7
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

I'm glad I'm not alone since others are claiming they've never even received them!

I wonder if the mailing depends on which Kobo store you shop from. I shop from the United States store.

Old 06-01-2023, 04:36 PM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
I believe you were the one who posted your recent stats in another thread. Do you recall receiving that email before April, too?

I'm not sure I want to reach out to Kobo CS about it. They'll just insist that I reset my firmware. 🙄

Yes. I has arrived on a more or less monthly basis as Your Kobo Reading Life starting in 2017 when it only had Page Flips and Hours Read and switching to Your Kobo Plus Reading Life when I went with Kobo Plus.
Old 06-02-2023, 12:06 PM   #9
DNSB
Bibliophagist

For what it's worth, my June 2023 Kobo Plus Reading Life arrived today.
Old 06-03-2023, 09:12 AM   #10
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
For what it's worth, my June 2023 Kobo Plus Reading Life arrived today.

Lucky you! Still no luck for me.

I decided to go ahead and contact Kobo CS. It was the typical runaround. Despite me telling the first rep that I have marketing turned on already and that I receive daily mailings, he sent me a FAQ on how to turn on marketing. 🙄

The second rep was more helpful. She didn’t know what mailing I was talking about, but she requested screen shots. Then she escalated the case. Maybe I’ll hear from them next week.

If people are wondering why I care so much about this, I read on a Clara HD, an Elipsa, and my iPhone and iPad with the Kobo apps. They all have separate reading stats, so it’s nice to have the one mailing that collates all device stats into one. 🤷🏻*♂️

DNSB, you shop out of the Canadian store, don’t you? I wonder if it’s a regional mailing now.

Last edited by Cootey; 06-03-2023 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-03-2023, 03:13 PM   #11
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cootey View Post
DNSB, you shop out of the Canadian store, don’t you? I wonder if it’s a regional mailing now.
Yes, I use the Canadian store. Possibly. I could ask about whether that is the case but no guarantees on an answer.
Old 06-03-2023, 09:32 PM   #12
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
I've never received it nor do I really want to receive it. And, though I'm a heavy reader, stats is never something I've cared about.

If I had actual evidence about how much I read, I might need a 12-step program.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2023, 03:40 AM   #13
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
Yes, I use the Canadian store. Possibly. I could ask about whether that is the case but no guarantees on an answer.

I’m still going back-and-forth with customer service. I haven’t had a chance to suggest maybe this is a regional issue. They’re still having a hard time processing that I receive all emails except this one. LOL They’ve had me verify that I am receiving mailings two or three times.

Well, I assume I receive all the mailings. One of the CS reps asked me if I received all other mailings except this one, and I explained that I really wouldn’t know. Since I’m not getting this one, maybe I’m missing others.

Last edited by Cootey; 06-10-2023 at 03:42 AM.
Old 06-10-2023, 12:50 PM   #14
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Did you get the suggestion to check your junk email? Three times?
Old 06-11-2023, 06:42 AM   #15
Cootey
Absentminded Reader

Quote:
Did you get the suggestion to check your junk email? Three times?

No, I didn’t! 😅 But I checked it anyway. No such luck.