Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-16-2018, 08:29 PM   #1
lissy10
lissy10 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Calibre shuts down everytime i plug in device

Hello
ive been using calibre forever and one day my library wouldn't show up. I ended up updating calibre and then factory resetting my kindle (it's about 5 years old so it's older) Calibre allows me to add books once. If i go out of calibre and come back it works fine but once i plug in my device it shuts down
i need help thanks in advance
lissy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 09:52 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
A real way out idea

In the Calibre configuration folder, look for a PY file: devicedriver<DEVICE NAME>
rename the extension from PY to BAK

Then try

You will lose any device specific customizations
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2018, 11:28 PM   #3
lissy10
lissy10 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
where do i find this
lissy10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2018, 11:42 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Without the device
Preferences: Miscellaneous: click the Configuration folder button near the bottom

Be sure to close Calibre before performing the task
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote