Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 03-13-2018, 04:42 AM   #1
hongho71
Enthusiast
hongho71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Can't send recipe files anymore to Kindle Oasis 2. No longer pobi format.

I use to be able to send calibre recipe files to my kindle oasis 2. Now, I cannot do that anymore. My kindle oasis 2 only has 3GB left out of 32GB. So I was scanning the forums and thought it was maybe an index issue.

But, I don't think it is because I can still send regular non-recipe mobi and epub files fine. It is just calibre recipes that won't send. If I convert the mobi recipes to azw3 and then send it, the calibre recipes show up on the kindle. But when you send azw3, it loses its table of content format or pobi format.

When I just send the mobi recipes to the kindle, it doesn't show up on the kindle but when I look at the kindle document folders, the file remains in mobi format and not in pobi format. I have other old recipes that I have sent to the kindle in the past and I can read them fine but they are currently in pobi format. So, somehow during the send process, the kindle recipes are no longer in pobi format and only in mobi format which kindle is unable to read.

I had this problem before updating to the latest kindle firmware and I always update the calibre software when it is available so I am lost in what else to try. I did try to rename the mobi files in my kindle to pobi extensions but that didn't work.
hongho71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2018, 04:58 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The kindle most definitely can read files in the MOBI format in fact I am just this minute reading a recipe on my Kindle in MOBI format. As far as I know, calibre has never sent files to the Kindle in the POBI format, that is used only by news downloaded from amazon.

POBI is exactly the same as MOBI, just with the file extension changed. You most definitely have indexer problems. And you cannot eliminate indexer problems by sending other files to the Kindle, since it can well happen that the other files are indexed before the problem file, while your POBI file is scheduled for indexing after the problem file.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2018, 05:47 AM   #3
hongho71
Enthusiast

So it looks like the Kindle Oasis 2 changes the mobi recipes that I sent to pobi format if it is indexed? If it is not indexed yet, they remain in the mobi format?

As for indexing, if I go to search and search on some unknown term like "dtjhtdtdhtrnnrsh" and the Text In Books (0) is greyed out, doesn't that mean everything is indexed?

So, even if I throw others books at the kindle (mobi and epub format) and other recipes in AZW3 format and they all show up fine, the index is still stuck on my mobi recipes because there is a problem book? I tred deleting the mobi recipe on the kindle using both calibre and documents folder. Send other mobi, epub and azw3 books..they send fine...then throw back in a mobi recipe and it still doesn't show up. Just weird how the indexer works in that they exclude just mobi recipes and not anything else even if I try to delete and resend.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:55 AM   #4
hongho71
Enthusiast

An additional note, I have some phantom news recipes that I already deleted directly on the kindle but they keep showing up on the kindle. When I try to delete the news recipe, the kindle says it is no longer there. I have selected DOWNLOADED tab on the kindle when this happens. Maybe part of the indexing issue?
Old 03-14-2018, 11:08 AM   #5
bobbysteel
Big Poppa
bobbysteel began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
not sure what your issue is but my Oasis 2 works perfectly as usual. Try different mobi settings I guess in Calibre or reset your settings entirely?
bobbysteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2018, 11:45 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I doubt there's anything in calibre causing this, most likely it is an indexser problem on the Kindle, the Kindle will need to be reset.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote