Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 01:43 PM   #61
bandario
bandario began at the beginning.

Device: H2O Edition 2
Only thing that doesn't work with the original files for me is pinch to zoom, but i'm not sure if that was ever a feature of KOReader.
bandario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 02:48 PM   #62
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@Ken
With pan I mean dragging a file around in scroll mode.

Anyway, it won't be as simple as just the input.lua changes, see here. I'm surprised to hear it works on the Aura HD and not on the Glo HD though.

@bandario
It's a KOReader feature, but hardware-wise it's only a feature on select Kobo models (only Glo?). Or actually that's not quite true, see here. The hardware supports it, but the kernel doesn't expose it. Perhaps because Kobo deemed the multitouch on the hardware of insufficient quality. Anyway, so with a custom kernel it might work.

If you mean that the H2Ov2 does multitouch in Nickel then some kind of workaround must be possible. This is basically the one area where Android isn't frustrating compared to Kobo: it emits standard multitouch events.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2018, 03:34 PM   #63
cola
cola shares his or her toyscola shares his or her toyscola shares his or her toyscola shares his or her toyscola shares his or her toyscola shares his or her toyscola shares his or her toyscola shares his or her toyscola shares his or her toyscola shares his or her toyscola shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo Aura H2O2
Yes, I agree. I thought I still needed to have touchAlyssumProtocol because it sets ev.time = TimeVal:now(), but now that I look at it again I think it's redundant.

I think this patch is basically how I want it to be, but I haven't run it! So there's probably some dumb syntax error in there or some other problem.

Spoiler:
Code:
diff -U 3 -r koreader/frontend/device/input.lua koreader2/frontend/device/input.lua
--- koreader/frontend/device/input.lua	2018-02-12 02:36:04.000000000 -0500
+++ koreader2/frontend/device/input.lua	2018-03-01 15:21:21.631488838 -0500
@@ -411,10 +411,32 @@
         if ev.code == SYN_REPORT then
             for _, MTSlot in pairs(self.MTSlots) do
                 self:setMtSlot(MTSlot.slot, "timev", TimeVal:new(ev.time))
+                if self.snow_protocol then
+                    -- if a slot appears in the current touch event, clear "unused"
+                    self:setMtSlot(MTSlot.slot, "unused", nil) 
+                end
+            end
+            if self.snow_protocol then
+                -- reset every slot that doesn't appear in the current touch event
+                -- (because on the H2O2, this is the only way we detect finger-up)
+                self.MTSlots = {}
+                for _, slot in pairs(self.ev_slots) do
+                    table.insert(self.MTSlots, slot)
+                    if slot.unused then
+                        slot.id = -1
+                        slot.timev = TimeVal:new(ev.time)
+                    end
+                end
             end
             -- feed ev in all slots to state machine
             local touch_ges = self.gesture_detector:feedEvent(self.MTSlots)
             self.MTSlots = {}
+            if self.snow_protocol then
+                -- go through all the ev_slots and set them to unused
+                for _, slot in pairs(self.ev_slots) do
+                    slot.unused = true
+                end
+            end
             if touch_ges then
                 self:gestureAdjustHook(touch_ges)
                 return Event:new("Gesture",
diff -U 3 -r koreader/frontend/device/kobo/device.lua koreader2/frontend/device/kobo/device.lua
--- koreader/frontend/device/kobo/device.lua	2018-02-12 02:36:04.000000000 -0500
+++ koreader2/frontend/device/kobo/device.lua	2018-03-01 15:21:34.948594206 -0500
@@ -104,7 +104,8 @@
 local KoboSnow = Kobo:new{
     model = "Kobo_snow",
     hasFrontlight = yes,
-    touch_alyssum_protocol = true,
+    touch_snow_protocol = true,
+    touch_mirrored_x = false,
     touch_probe_ev_epoch_time = true,
     display_dpi = 265,
     -- the bezel covers the top 11 pixels:
@@ -296,6 +297,10 @@
         self.input:registerEventAdjustHook(adjustTouchAlyssum)
     end

+    if self.touch_snow_protocol then
+        self.input.snow_protocol = true
+    end
+
     if self.touch_probe_ev_epoch_time then
         self.input:registerEventAdjustHook(function(_, ev)
             probeEvEpochTime(_, ev)
cola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #64
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yes, that's basically what I was thinking for now.
Old 03-01-2018, 04:08 PM   #65
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Just a point to keep in mind, I am still using older v3.05 Kobo firmware. The GloHD having some multitouch was a surprise. Strange that the GlowHD would loose touch altogether, though.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2018, 06:49 AM   #66
gilali
Connoisseur
gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: KOBO Libra + H2Ov2 + Aura2
Thumbs up Support for natural light for Kobo H2O2 : OK

Hello,

Natural light is also supported on H2O2. Here's the settings :

frontend/device/kobo/device.lua, add hasNaturalLight = yes, like this
Code:
-- Kobo Aura H2O2:
local KoboSnow = Kobo:new{
    model = "Kobo_snow",
    hasFrontlight = yes,
    hasNaturalLight = yes,
AND modify frontend/device/kobo/sysfs_light.lua (
Code:
    frontlight_white = "/sys/class/backlight/lm3630a_led1b",
    frontlight_red = "/sys/class/backlight/lm3630a_led1a",
    frontlight_green = "/sys/class/backlight/lm3630a_ledb",
to this :
Code:
    frontlight_white = "/sys/class/backlight/lm3630a_ledb",
    frontlight_red = "/sys/class/backlight/lm3630a_led",
    frontlight_green = "/sys/class/backlight/lm3630a_leda",
And the new "two-column gesture control" feature works nice too.
gilali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 09:31 AM   #67
Frenzie
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by cola View Post
I think this patch is basically how I want it to be, but I haven't run it! So there's probably some dumb syntax error in there or some other problem.
Do you want to put it in a PR?
Old 03-06-2018, 08:30 AM   #68
Frenzie
Wizard

Could you guys with an H2Ov2 please confirm all's more or less working as it should with the latest nightly build? At the time of writing that's http://build.koreader.rocks/download...1546-gd0130ae/
Old 03-07-2018, 09:46 AM   #69
gilali
Connoisseur
gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.gilali solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Upside down patch is missing on this release. So touching is inverted.
But when applyed : touching OK, natural light : OK
(tested on KSM08)
Old 03-07-2018, 10:06 AM   #70
boriar
Evangelist
boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boriar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: bq Avant XL, Kobo Aura H2O, Onyx Boox M96C Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
It's a KOReader feature, but hardware-wise it's only a feature on select Kobo models (only Glo?). Or actually that's not quite true, see here. The hardware supports it, but the kernel doesn't expose it. Perhaps because Kobo deemed the multitouch on the hardware of insufficient quality. Anyway, so with a custom kernel it might work.
About multitouch kernel. I remember, when my H2O was in 3.12.1 use the patch for it (the same you link before) and worked like a charm. I haven't tried with all 4.x FW because I don't know if there's too much changes from these old days in the original kernel. I will try the next weekend
boriar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 10:11 AM   #71
Frenzie
Wizard

Do you have the latest KSM? https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293804 It should take care of that by setting something like this in kbmenu/onstart/start_koreader.sh

Code:
  if [ "$PRODUCT" == "snow" ]; then
    koreaderrotate=2
Old 03-08-2018, 05:42 AM   #72
gilali
Connoisseur

With KSM 09 update001, and koreader 1546-gd0130ae
Screen is not inverted : OK
touching OK
natural light : OK

Release is OK, thank you
Old 03-08-2018, 09:41 AM   #73
Frenzie
Wizard

Alright, all that's left now then is the sdcv issue. Although I don't necessarily have to fix that for a new "stable" release I suppose since I could manually replace the file in the archive.
Old 03-08-2018, 09:51 AM   #74
gilali
Connoisseur

And Evernote #3600 fixed with the same method
Old 03-08-2018, 11:46 AM   #75
Frenzie
Wizard

Heh, not sure what's going on there or how to test (yeah, yeah, make an account, yada yada :P) but I suppose.