Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-01-2018, 10:20 PM   #1
theribdoctor
theribdoctor began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I'm an idiot

I have a fedora 20 based linux server that I've left alone for the past several years. I at one point installed an old version of Calibre manually and set it up to start automatically.

I thought I was slick and tried to update using the command on Calibre's web site...and now my web page looks terrible.

it used to show my books in order...I checked the folder and thankfully all of my books are there...but how do I resolve this?

attached is a screenshot of what it looks like.

Appreciate all the help.

If I have to uninstall and reinstall please help...the server has no gui other than a web based one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre.GIF
Views:	222
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	162578  
theribdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2018, 04:59 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
That screen looks perfectly normal for the top level of a catalog. You have to select one of the options from that screen! If you simply want a list of books in alphabetical order select the All Books option.

If you want to normally start inside one of the sections simply go into the section and bookmark the URL at that point.

Also if you want an old style catalog then select one of the options at the top.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 04:20 PM   #3
theribdoctor

well that no longer exists after rebooting the server.

Now I have to manually run calibre-server --with-library /storage/Calibre --port 8083

but it never completes the command...as long as that is running...my web page comes up...

if I close the ssh connection to my server...calibre fails...if I try to run other commands on the ssh, it fails...

It no longer runs at startup, would love to get it working that way again.

Thanks,
Ribby
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	calibre right.GIF
Views:	131
Size:	201.1 KB
ID:	162808  
Old 03-14-2018, 04:30 PM   #4
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Which version of calibre are you running?

Next when you installed calibre originally did you use the repro version or the website version?

use command:
Code:
calibre --version
Should display like this:
Code:
$ calibre --version
calibre (calibre 3.19)
bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by theribdoctor View Post
well that no longer exists after rebooting the server.

Now I have to manually run calibre-server --with-library /storage/Calibre --port 8083

but it never completes the command...as long as that is running...my web page comes up...

if I close the ssh connection to my server...calibre fails...if I try to run other commands on the ssh, it fails...

It no longer runs at startup, would love to get it working that way again.

Thanks,
Ribby
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 07:17 PM   #5
theribdoctor

it's displaying as 1.39, which is odd. it informs me it's the latest version.

I just upgraded to 3.19 via this:

https://calibre-ebook.com/download_linux

now that I upgraded...it shows differently..which is fine...but the command changed from:

calibre-server --with-library /storage/Calibre --port 8083

to:

calibre-server /storage/Calibre --port 8083

so, how do I now get it to run at startup in Fedora 20(yes I know it's an old version, but that's what my server uses)

Thanks,
Ribby.
Old 03-14-2018, 08:52 PM   #6
theribdoctor

Not sure how, but it's now working, although it's now on port 8080 as opposed to 8083 as I normally have it.

that's fine...odd but fine.

Last edited by theribdoctor; 03-14-2018 at 08:57 PM.