Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 03-05-2018, 12:04 AM   #16
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Who said that there was any advantage whatsoever? Odamizu expressed concern, that KG might "go away." I simply advised that there are numerous other ways, to achieve the exact same end result, i.e., dropping an ePUB on KP; dropping an ePUB on KDP; dropping the OPF from an HTML folder on KP, etc....
Haha! I had the same misunderstanding as j.p.s. In any case, I am happy to have a backup in case Amazon decides to phase out KindleGen. Thanks!
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 08:12 AM   #17
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by odamizu View Post
Haha! I had the same misunderstanding as j.p.s. In any case, I am happy to have a backup in case Amazon decides to phase out KindleGen. Thanks!
I have no worries about kindlegen going away any time soon. I started this thread because I was concerned that Amazon might be removing the documentation for it in order to encourage use of their newer tools.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:02 PM   #18
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhowell View Post
I have no worries about kindlegen going away any time soon. I started this thread because I was concerned that Amazon might be removing the documentation for it in order to encourage use of their newer tools.
Well, that's a relief! I already fret about KF8 being phased out in favor of KFX, and DRM becoming unbreakable. Glad I don't have to worry about KindleGen going away
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote