Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-01-2017, 04:49 AM   #1
Phelan_Kell
Phelan_Kell began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2
Calibre fails on importing backup

A month ago I sold my old mac, backed up my books to my new mac, but am now getting around to importing and re-setting up Calibre on my new mac.

I've just installed the latest version of Calibre (2.80) on my new Mac. I go:
  1. Calibre Library
  2. Import / Export of all calibre data
  3. Import previously exported data
  4. and I select the folder that contains the four part-000x.calibre-data files

The error I get is here and below;

Quote:
"The folder /Users/jacob/Public/Books is not valid: The exported data in part-0004.calibre-data is not valid, version (2727399423) is higher than maximum supported version. You might need to upgrade calibre first."
All four files are 1.07GB in size. As the last file in the series is not smaller than the others, I suspect that:
  • I really should check backups before I dispose of the source computer
  • I am missing a 5th file that will contain the info that Calibre is looking for

Can anyone confirm if my suspicions are correct? Any ideas what the next steps are?

If I am correct, is there any way to import incomplete backups like my situation? Or how can I unpack these 4 files and reimport manually, even sans-metadata.

Thanks,
Phelan_Kell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 07:07 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
That error indicates the file in question is corrupted -- presumably it was damaged during transfer. Yes and if all for files are 1 GB then it is likely you are missing the last, as it would be very unusual for your data to be exactly 4 GB
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
export, import, mac