Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-29-2020, 09:44 AM   #1
Repto
Repto began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3
Inkpad 3: Series not showing up for cbz/cbr files

Hello, I'm trying to be able to access my CBZ/CBR files sorting them by series in the library on an Inkpad 3 (firmware v6.1).

Even if the metadata are all set and uploaded to the device, it doesn't list them in the "series" tab.
What I noticed is that I have to convert the files to EPUB before uploading them on the device for them to be listed as series.

Is this a normal behavior? Can the Inkpad 3 only list EPUB files as series or am I forgetting something?
Repto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2020, 07:52 AM   #2
Repto

I'm using Calibre to upload the books to the device btw
Advert
Old 12-02-2020, 02:32 PM   #3
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
I think it is the normal behavior of the device. Also for me (PB633 Color) it shows the series and the other metadata if I download the books using calibre in epub and not in cbz. I could try with mobi, for example, just for curiosity.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2020, 03:30 PM   #4
Repto

Thank you for your answer so it might just be normal behavior then.
Weird, I'm wondering why this is a not a thing for every formats
Old 12-04-2020, 03:42 PM   #5
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
I don't know, may be because cbz is not really a format file, it is only a group of image files zipped together and nothing else while epub has a complex internal structure where there is also a particular file where You can find metadata.

For curiosity I tried with a mobi file and the only metadata showed are the title and the author. No synopsis nor series. I won't try with all other format file supported.
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2020, 04:08 PM   #6
Repto

Oh yeah it totally makes sense, I just thought the device was looking for the metadata in the metadata.calibre file, but of course it's just for calibre
Old 12-23-2020, 07:57 AM   #7
TGFB3
TGFB3 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 740 (Inkpad 3) + 512 GB micro SD
CBZ I think does not store metadata on its own like EPUB. If you use Calibre there is a plugin (embedcomicmetadata, I think) which will add them as a text file, but I do not know whether that will work in the PB software (I have mine in text-only mode so I never notice)
TGFB3 is offline   Reply With Quote