Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-15-2023, 03:25 PM   #361
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Looks like it's still using the old version somewhere. Can you try removing the plugin, restart Calibre, and then install the bugfix version?
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 09:12 AM   #362
Celemin
Celemin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
ACSM not working

Hi! I used DeACSM today and couldn't get it to work (I have used it successfully in the past, and haven't touched anything since)

So I bought some epubs in the Kobo store, and opened the ACSM files directly with Calibre. The books were imported and showed the title and author, but I couldn't open them in Calibre or convert them into AZW for my Kindle (a message appears, saying the books are locked by DRM).

I hadn't used Calibre or the plugin for a long time, and I started remembering that, when I used it successfully in the past, I had first opened the ACSM files with Adobe Digital Editions and later opened the books in Calibre, while this time I didn't open them with Digital Editions first.

So I went to Adobe DE and tried opening the ACSM, but it said it had already been redeemed and prompted me for my ID, which I didn't provide.

Is there any way to solve this and get to read my books?
Celemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 11:35 AM   #363
SomeSteve
Zealot
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celemin View Post
So I bought some epubs in the Kobo store, and opened the ACSM files directly with Calibre. The books were imported and showed the title and author, but I couldn't open them in Calibre or convert them into AZW for my Kindle (a message appears, saying the books are locked by DRM).

Is there any way to solve this and get to read my books?
Since nobody with knowledge about these things has answered, I'll risk asking what some may consider a stupid question.

I don't know anything about the plugin, and I don't know what you can do to salvage the books you've already downloaded, if anything. But if it's just a matter of getting the books in a form you can read, isn't it possible to log in to your Kobo account, go to My Books, and download them again? Except this time, open the new ACSM files with Adobe Digital Editions before you try anything else.
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 12:00 PM   #364
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeSteve View Post
Since nobody with knowledge about these things has answered, I'll risk asking what some may consider a stupid question.

I don't know anything about the plugin, and I don't know what you can do to salvage the books you've already downloaded, if anything. But if it's just a matter of getting the books in a form you can read, isn't it possible to log in to your Kobo account, go to My Books, and download them again? Except this time, open the new ACSM files with Adobe Digital Editions before you try anything else.
Once ACSM files have been downloaded, any subsequent download gets (versions of) the same files.

My guess would be that you never set up DeACSM with your ADE login, and so it generated its own credentials that need exporting and using the DeDRM.

But I might be wrong. I certainly would be careful not to lose the current credentials that DeACSM is using.

You should, however, still have a route to getting your Kobo ebooks without DRM - just go the Kobo app route and the obok plugin, avoiding ADE entirely.

But for detailed help, ask at the place you got the DeDRM plugin.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote