Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 12-25-2009, 01:56 PM   #1
Nathan Campos
Groupie
Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nathan Campos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX & Kindle (2011)
Smile PRC eBook Creation

Hello,
I'm now going to write a book about developmennt language integration, because I know many programming languages and there isn't any book talking about this. My book will be open-source(as every program that I build).

Then I want to know if there is any program to convert or create Kindle Books(PRC*), that I can add text-to-speach technology and Kindle features that I can't use by doing simple PDFs.

Best Regards,
Nathan Paulino Campos

* PRC is the same format for Palm OS programs - just for curiosity
Nathan Campos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:22 AM   #2
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan Campos View Post
Then I want to know if there is any program to convert or create Kindle Books(PRC*), that I can add text-to-speach technology and Kindle features that I can't use by doing simple PDFs.
For text-to-speech I don't think you need anything special. It worked fine for me on an ebook I scanned and created myself (Word doc converted to prc in Mobipocket Creator). Text-to-speech on Kindle only works on English texts though.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
No TTS(text-to-speech) is not embedded in the eBook format it is supported by an ereader program. Software like MS Reader(LIT), Adobe Acrobat Reader (PDF), and the Kindle(PRC/MOBI) read books. For linux there is Orkut that reads PDF and ePUB.

Quote:
* PRC is the same format for Palm OS programs - just for curiosity
Yes the PRC is a Palm DB file.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote