Old 11-27-2009, 02:17 AM   #16
Laisvunas
Enthusiast
Laisvunas began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi Micael,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelv View Post
In my opinion the only buttons which are rarely used are the preferences and the help button. They could be moved to a Firefox menu but I prefer to have direct access, the space they use is not so large. Library button and increase/decrease font size buttons will be often used. Increase/decrease font size changes the font size just for the currently displayed ePub not in general. If you opened an ePub with small/large font size, I'm sure you don't want to go first to a menu to change this.

These buttons are needed, because they offer the only garanteed way to navigate through the ePub from the beginning to the end. The TOC is not, because someone could decide to have just very rare entries in it and I have seen even ePubs without any entry. For an explanation how the buttons and TOC work, please check this posting https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...91&postcount=5.
I do not say that all those buttons are not needed; I only say that they might be rarely used and instead of using them a reader might want to have more screen space. So, it's OK that these buttons are present; they should be present by default, but it would be a great improvement if in those cases when they are not needed one could remove them and later restore.

Quote:
Okay, good point. What should be happen, if one opens a book by clicking on a link on the library page? Open again a new tab?
This is not so important from my point of view. Clicking on a link on the library page might open a publication in the same tab or in the new tab. What is important is that clicking on the library button current publication should not be closed.

Quote:
Do you mean the links in the TOC? What would be in your opinion the reason that one would use right click on TOC entries?
Yes, I mean links in TOC. The reason for right-clicking on TOC links is the need to open the same publication in several places preserving its full functionality. This feature might not seem very important for fiction readers, but for reading some text for study, some theoretical text or some formal text such feature is essential. Those texts are constantly read at several places at the same time, so the feature allowing easy access to several parts is needed. I'm very diappointed with all other EPUB readers because no one supports tabs, which are crucial for good readeing experience. EPUBReader being Firefox add-on supports tabs, but that support is not full - right click on the link in TOC opens publication page without TOC, i.e. not fully functional publication.
Laisvunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 10:16 PM   #17
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Like the upgrade. The only thing I'd like to see is a bit of a margin on the left and right side (I don't need more than an N-space or M-space), just to keep the characters off the edges. Other than that... I'm good!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2009, 01:24 PM   #18
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
Like the upgrade. The only thing I'd like to see is a bit of a margin on the left and right side (I don't need more than an N-space or M-space), just to keep the characters off the edges. Other than that... I'm good!
Hi Steve, thanks for your feedback!

As the possibility to add margins is now requested several times, I'll add this to the next version.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote