Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-14-2011, 03:05 AM   #1
collin8579
collin8579 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Downloading Metadata question -

I have a large library I'm processing, when going through it sometimes the author/title is switched, and the metadata download fails for obvious reasons,
is there a way to tell it to "IF download fails switch author/title and check again" sorta thing?
thanks
Collin
collin8579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 03:11 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by collin8579 View Post
I have a large library I'm processing, when going through it sometimes the author/title is switched, and the metadata download fails for obvious reasons,
is there a way to tell it to "IF download fails switch author/title and check again" sorta thing?
No, but you can scan the library by sight and highlight all the books that are switched. Then go to the edit metadata window and check the box swap author and title then OK and all of the books will have the author and title switched.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by collin8579 View Post
thanks
Collin
Use the Advances search (binoculars): REGEX
Code:
(.+), (.+)
Note: this pattern is for a single author
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Author with comma.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	36.2 KB
ID:	75456  
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 07:43 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Use the Advances search (binoculars): REGEX
Code:
(.+), (.+)
Note: this pattern is for a single author
I'm curious, how is this different from the built in swap title and author?
Old 08-14-2011, 09:05 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I'm curious, how is this different from the built in swap title and author?
This is a Author Search ONLY

The results will probably get some bulk action as you describe
Advert
Old 08-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
This is a Author Search ONLY

The results will probably get some bulk action as you describe
Sometimes I'm a little slow. That's what I get for hopping on the wife's machine for a quick look before I headed for work.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:13 PM   #7
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Sometimes I'm a little slow. That's what I get for hopping on the wife's machine for a quick look before I headed for work.
Aren't you a little big to be jumping on a poor tiny computer