Melbourne CBD - Easy for everyone to get to. 5 71.43%
Melbourne Suburbs - Is getting there a problem? 2 28.57%
Out in the wine region - Is getting there a problem? 4 57.14%
Other 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-28-2009, 07:40 PM   #1
nigeldb
email tragic
nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Cybook, iPhone
2nd Melbourne Meet Up - Sept 2009 - Where?

Hi all,

Based on the last meet up, suggested that we make this a quarterly event, so some votes please for locations.

Once we have the votes in, we can set a place, date and time.

BTW, you can vote for more than one

Nigel db

Last edited by nigeldb; 06-28-2009 at 10:01 PM.
nigeldb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 08:04 PM   #2
roytravis
Enthusiast
roytravis is on a distinguished road

Device: hanlin
Hi nigeldb, I have cast my vote for the CBD on the grounds that it may be best for the widest group. I am also keen on the wine district which includes my area Mornington Peninsula.
One drawback of our last venue was that it was a little difficult to move around and meet with everyone. Otherwise it was a great effort by Christine and has started something which would be very good to continue with.
roytravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-28-2009, 09:52 PM   #3
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

Device: iLiad V2
Thanks, nigeldb! I'm in. I'm happy to give an overview of ebooks and readers to the group, or not - I'm flexible.

Eastern suburbs suit me best, so the Yarra Valley wine region would be perfect... but, I'll travel to CBD again, if majority rules. I spoke with Julie and she's coming, too.

Last edited by cbell; 06-29-2009 at 02:21 AM.
cbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 08:01 AM   #4
millydog
Connoisseur
millydog doesn't littermillydog doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPhone X, iPad Pro
I have voted for the CBD since it's easiest for me, coming from Lara (Geelong), but the wine region does sound lovely.
If the wine area is chosen then I can drive out there, so it's not out of the question, infact, parking might be easier out there.

Jodi
millydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 09:51 AM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Ha! My trip to Melbourne that was going to happen in April, then in May, then June, and then July, has been tentatively rescheduled for September. I'll keep watching this thread.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #6
Laine
Addict
Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Laine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura H2O, Voyage
Hoping I can make it again. I did so love staying at The Stamford Plaza.
Laine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 01:43 AM   #7
nigeldb
email tragic
nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.nigeldb once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iLiad, Cybook, iPhone
Lightbulb How about my place?

Hi,

Just checked with Sally...happy to host the meeting at our house in North Balwyn.

Easy to get to - at the end of a tram route
Comfortable, easy to move around to get to meet everyone etc.

I'd be happy to e-mail address details via private message.

Nigeldb
nigeldb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:38 AM   #8
cbell
Frenetic
cbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipsecbell can illuminate an eclipse

That's a really nice offer, thank you, Nigel and Sally. I'm in, wherever we hold our next Melbourne meetup!
Old 07-11-2009, 03:55 AM   #9
RobbieClarken
Addict
RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobbieClarken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I voted for all three locations because I'm happy to meet wherever. The last meet-up was lots of fun so I'm looking forward to the next!
RobbieClarken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 02:42 AM   #10
roytravis
Enthusiast
roytravis is on a distinguished road

Device: hanlin
I am in, just let me know where and when.
roytravis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 08:54 PM   #11
Redimech
Nameless Being

Don't know if anyone has commented, but is it possible to have the meetup on a Sunday, where we finish about 4pm? I may be working on a Saturday (retail), plus I've got to take my mum to bingo on Sundays. Just asking...
Old 07-17-2009, 08:56 PM   #12
Redimech
Nameless Being

Also, have to say big THANKYOU to cbell for helping me on my DR1000s purchase yesterday!
Old 07-17-2009, 09:29 PM   #13
cbell
Frenetic

You're welcome, Redimech, and I'm confident you'll be very happy with your new DR! Robbie and Sianon are experienced DR users, so you'll be able to compare notes with them at the meetup. Either Sat or Sun is OK by me.

I can't help myself, I'm a list-maker... so here's our current line-up:

nigeldb
sallydb
cbell
julie
roytravis
RobbieClarken
millydog
Laine (maybe)
sianon
vivaldirules (maybe)
etherspin (maybe)
libwolf (where'd he go?)
groovyjoss (travelling with her HanLin, maybe)
Redimech
patriciagrace (?)
moz (?)
RCR (?)
Onemack (?)
zelda_pinwheel (in training for the flight)
Old 08-08-2009, 07:09 PM   #14
cbell
Frenetic

We've had a suggestion from sianon for 20th Sept. This date suits me fine... how about everyone else?

September seemed so far away when nigeldb started this thread, but it's almost here!

Edit: Uhoh, Roy will be in Europe on 20th Sept. It's a little far for the rest of us to join him there, although I'd love to!

How about Sunday 27th Sept? Or early October?

Last edited by cbell; 08-08-2009 at 11:10 PM.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:56 AM   #15
Redimech
Nameless Being

Hi all, Sep 27 is preferable for me or even October. A 4pm finish, at the latest would be nice too. Looking forward to it!

Tags
melbourne meetup