Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-18-2017, 01:35 PM   #1
stephenTOS
stephenTOS began at the beginning.

Device: iPad w/Kindle app
Previewer and CSS files.

Using Sigil, I converted my document to epub. I passed Flight Crew and the epub validator w/o any errors. After converter to mobi via the Previewer, I have noticed that any formatting dependent on my a CSS file is not appearing inthe ebook...no matter the device. I can apply the same style in-line and it formats the text correctly. Any ideas why it's not applying my CSS styles?
stephenTOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 04:48 PM   #2
stephenTOS
stephenTOS began at the beginning.

Device: iPad w/Kindle app
I am withdrawing this thread. I discovered the reason my css file was not being used by kindle. When linking my stylesheet in the head, I used the correct path and filename, but when naming the "type" I input the filename again, instead of "text/css". After correcting that, everything is now working great.

Thanks to all who took the time to read my op.
stephenTOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
css, previewer