Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-03-2016, 05:51 AM   #1
hogesinwa
hogesinwa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Change my Kindle password - change not sticking

Hi. I just downloaded Calibre and am getting to know how to get around.
When I was setting up, I had the process ask me for a password to send books to on my reader. Caught me by surprise and I managed to put in the wrong Kindle email.

Have now checked and need to change it. Found my way to the screen with my email on it and tried to change the wrong one. Wouldn't work. So, I added the correct one and then deleted the wrong one. Looked good on the screen but as soon as I exit, it reverts to the wrong one and won't keep the correct one, even if I make it the default.

Any ideas why?
thanks
Hoges.
hogesinwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2016, 01:32 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4NT, Galaxy Tab 2(RIP)
are you ussing the form at Preferences: Sharing books by email?

Did you click Apply at the bottom?

Do you have a cloud service (eg dropbox) running? Calibre settings are part of your USER settings. With the cloud sync active, the may fight
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 01:10 PM   #3
hogesinwa
hogesinwa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
It was Apply at the bottom. I couldn't see it but after reading your reply I reduced the size of the page and I could see it. Clicked and all ok now. Thank you.
Hoges
hogesinwa is offline   Reply With Quote