Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-16-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
I add an html, calibre says its a zip!

UPDATE:
Oh, never mind. The zip converted to a mobi just fine.
*************** End update *************

I'm embarrassed to ask b/c I know I must be missing something really simple.

I have a book in html format. I can read it in a browser so I know it's truly an html doc.

I add it to Calibre and it comes in a a zip!

The zip file contains the original html; a META-INF folder, content.opf; and mimetype.

How can that be?

What am I missing?

I want to convert it to a mobi; but how?

Thanks,

CL

Last edited by clittle; 03-16-2013 at 11:25 AM.
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm not sure what you perceive the problem to be. Calibre stores HTML books in a ZIP file, because generally speaking you'll have multiple HTML files + images. The ZIP file is just a container to keep them all packaged neatly.

Why do you object to the ZIP container?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-16-2013, 11:42 AM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
And to answer the question:
Click CONVERT
Since you only have the HTML (Zip), the input will be preset.
Set the Output to Mobi.
Make any other setting changes and click OK
(wait )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 03:16 PM   #4
clittle
Zealot
clittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterclittle can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm not sure what you perceive the problem to be. Calibre stores HTML books in a ZIP file, because generally speaking you'll have multiple HTML files + images. The ZIP file is just a container to keep them all packaged neatly.

Why do you object to the ZIP container?
The only problem was I was a bit confused. I didn't understand why an html somehow ended up as a zip and when I tried to view it; it would not.

The fix was easy enough, I just had to converted to the format I wanted.

CL
clittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2018, 09:21 AM   #5
Ido B
Ido B began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
The reply was a bit condescending - I agree. But - I had the same problem, I googled, saw this response - and it helped! So thanks for asking, thanks for responding.

BTW I am an IT professional - but was still confused! as would be anyone who is not the author of Calibre!!!!
Ido B is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert