Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRiver Story

Notices

Old 01-30-2011, 08:04 AM   #1
yaro
yaro began at the beginning.

Device: iriver
Question iriver story <-> Apple Mac <-> sd card ??

I am a bit confused. On the iriver website I read that the do not support Macs
http://www.iriver.com/support/faq_view.asp?fNum=514

Here in the forum I found an other thread that it at least worked in the past.

I have an iriver story with the firmware 1.7.1 and a Mac, running MacOs 10.6..
When I connect the ebook reader I can see the internal storage, it's Fat16 formatted but the SD is not mounted. It shows up as unformatted in the Disk Utility. If I read it via with a SD card reader, I see my books again.

With another Mac, running MacOs 10.5.8 I could not see any storage.

So here's my question: how can I see all my books on the sd card too?
yaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 04:16 PM   #2
James_Wilde
Guru
James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.James_Wilde ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaro View Post

So here's my question: how can I see all my books on the sd card too?
I'd like to help. I have a Mac and an Iriver Story. But unfortunately I've only used about 1/1000th of the available memory, and haven't needed an SD card yet.

However, I've never heard that Iriver doesn't support Macs, and I've never had a problem apart from with Adobe ADE, and there's a fix for that on the Adobe site.
James_Wilde is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2011, 09:19 AM   #3
samac
Connoisseur
samac doesn't littersamac doesn't litter

Device: EB03 iriver story
Are you ensuring that the iriver and the mac are fully booted before connecting the usb cable, it sounds as if the story kernel has not loaded the sd blk_device and therefore cannot detect the sd card when the usb-cable is connected.

It works fine using Linux and the BSD underlying OS-X work in similar ways.

samac
samac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:25 AM   #4
yaro
yaro began at the beginning.

Device: iriver
Quote:
Originally Posted by samac View Post
Are you ensuring that the iriver and the mac are fully booted before connecting the usb cable, it sounds as if the story kernel has not loaded the sd blk_device and therefore cannot detect the sd card when the usb-cable is connected.
Thanks for trying to help!
I tried with waiting a while after booting before I connected the iriver but that did not change anything? It there a process I could search for in the activity monitor?
yaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:15 PM   #5
samac
Connoisseur
samac doesn't littersamac doesn't litter

Device: EB03 iriver story
Not too sure about macs, but have you something like /private/var/log/system.log or dmesg? They should tell you if the card is seen. Your best bet would be looking around a mac forum, because I don't think that there is any way to see what is going on behind the scenes on the iriver story.

samac

Last edited by samac; 03-29-2011 at 03:30 AM.
samac is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Try mounting card in a card reader, should be able to use Drag'n'Drop to move files then before returning to iRiver... forget that, just re-read OP...
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote