Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Upload Help

Notices

Old 05-16-2016, 09:47 AM   #706
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
There are a number of collections of her work available at very low cost, but "Love" does not appear to be in any of them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 01:47 PM   #707
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Amazon's kindle version of it seems rather expensive, so I'll wait till it's available on one of the sites which hosts public domain ebooks. Till then, I have lots of other things to read. Thanks for trying.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2016, 09:03 AM   #708
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Amazon's kindle version of it seems rather expensive, so I'll wait till it's available on one of the sites which hosts public domain ebooks. Till then, I have lots of other things to read. Thanks for trying.
If the book is in public domain why has not somebody taken the text from the Kindle version and put up on some public domain book web site?
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 09:10 AM   #709
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
If the book is in public domain why has not somebody taken the text from the Kindle version and put up on some public domain book web site?
Perhaps nobody's willing to spend £8 to buy the book in order to do so.
Old 05-24-2016, 10:19 AM   #710
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Perhaps nobody's willing to spend £8 to buy the book in order to do so.
Well, you can always sell it on Amazon for £1 after you have removed the introduction and get some money back...
Advert
Old 05-24-2016, 10:42 AM   #711
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tompe View Post
Well, you can always sell it on Amazon for £1 after you have removed the introduction and get some money back...
So are you expecting someone who isn't particularly interested in the book to spend good money on it and put in work so that someone who actually is interested in it can download it here for free?
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 02:04 PM   #712
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Doubleshuffle: good point. I wasn't expecting anyone to do that; I'm just hoping it'll filter on to a public domain site sometime.
Old 05-24-2016, 02:19 PM   #713
tompe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
So are you expecting someone who isn't particularly interested in the book to spend good money on it and put in work so that someone who actually is interested in it can download it here for free?
No, but if it is selling why have not somebody created a cheaper edition?

And why do you think nobody could do it? I thought about doing it myself just for the principle of it. If it is public domain the ebook should be sold as you buing the introduction.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:45 AM   #714
doubleshuffle
Unicycle Daredevil
doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doubleshuffle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura HD (R.I.P. After six years the USB socket died.) tolino shine 3
Quote:
@Doubleshuffle: good point. I wasn't expecting anyone to do that; I'm just hoping it'll filter on to a public domain site sometime.
I know you weren't expecting that; Tompe sounded a bit as if they were, though. I myself have actually sometimes spent money in the process of preparing uploads for Mobileread. But I only do that when I am interested in the books myself.
doubleshuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2016, 09:49 AM   #715
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubleshuffle View Post
I know you weren't expecting that; Tompe sounded a bit as if they were, though. I myself have actually sometimes spent money in the process of preparing uploads for Mobileread. But I only do that when I am interested in the books myself.
Me too . I bought secondhand copies of all of Edgar Rice Burroughs' "Barsoom" books when I was preparing my "Barsoom Omnibus", because the PG versions were such poor quality. It's a good thing I did, because I found a lot of missing text.
Old 05-26-2016, 10:02 AM   #716
pynch
why in?
pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pynch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Aura
Who didn’t? I must have paid for at least 5,000 scans from library books by now.
pynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 08:04 AM   #717
BookCat
C L J

Just thought I'd point out that Edith Wharton's Glimpses of the Moon isn't available as a kindle book in the library.
Old 07-10-2016, 08:36 PM   #718
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Just thought I'd point out that Edith Wharton's Glimpses of the Moon isn't available as a kindle book in the library.
what about https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20115

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 12:50 PM   #719
BookCat
C L J

I'd swear that wasn't there when I looked yesterday. Luckily, Amazon wasn't charging for it; this is already on my kindle, but I might delete it and use the MR version instead. Thanks for pointing it out
Old 07-22-2016, 11:59 AM   #720
BookCat
C L J

Maybe I can't see for looking but I can't find a Kindle version of Come Out of the Kitchen by Alice Duer Miller in the library. I looked under D and M. By my reckoning it's in the public domain as she died in 1942. However, she was American, so maybe this has an effect?