Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 01:00 PM   #1
amberr
amberr began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Angry RESET ON ITS OWN!!

Bought a kobo glo for Christmas and did it just factory reset on its own last night! I redid the entire kobo (over 1000 books!) and was able to read for about a half hour before bed. Turned it off completely and when I turned it on this morning to continue to read it brought me to the set up of the kobo all over again! VERY ANGRY AT THIS!!! Anyone know what to do or if its a possibility that I can return it?!
amberr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 01:46 PM   #2
oren64
I need a chapter break
oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oren64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberr View Post
Bought a kobo glo for Christmas and did it just factory reset on its own last night! I redid the entire kobo (over 1000 books!) and was able to read for about a half hour before bed. Turned it off completely and when I turned it on this morning to continue to read it brought me to the set up of the kobo all over again! VERY ANGRY AT THIS!!! Anyone know what to do or if its a possibility that I can return it?!
Didn't ‫understand how old the device?

It look to me like a problem with the battery.
Calibrating the battery might help, charg to 100% and then use the device until the battery is flat 0%, ‫repeat 2-3 times.
oren64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 10:31 PM   #3
meeera
Grand Sorcerer
meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meeera ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, iPadMini4, iPad4, MBP; support other Kobo/Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberr View Post
Where/who did you buy it from? The Kobo Glo was discontinued nearly three years ago. It all depends on the return policy of your seller.
meeera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:35 AM   #4
amberr
amberr began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Called kobo directly and they've fixed the problem.
amberr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 12:43 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
And what was the cause?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote