Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-05-2015, 04:14 PM   #1
JTB
JTB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Question Kobo Touch crash

For some reason my Kobo touch has forgotten everything. I entered my wifi password and it updated everything but then it requires I sign in. I tried many times signing into kobo account but it just shows the wheel going round. I tried my Google account and Facebook, same thing. I tried through kobo desktop, same thing. I have done the reset. I have used the right password because it tells me right away if I tried a wrong password. Pressing the home button does nothing. Do you have any suggestions?
JTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 09:32 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
I think you will need to do a factory reset. But, you can try deleting the database on the device. This is the file "KoboReader.sqlite" in the directory ".kobo". After deleting this, you will need to restart the device and it should take you through the setup.

If that doesn't work, you will probably need to do a factory reset using the buttons.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2015, 11:22 PM   #3
JTB
JTB began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Well done. I didn't realize that there was anything more than the paper clip reset. The factory reset did the trick. Many thanks
JTB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crash, kobo, stuck