Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 03-30-2014, 02:12 PM   #2656
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Why would you ever want to catch up to your "TBR pile" anyway? That would be an awful, awful thing to have no new books to read!
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 02:22 PM   #2657
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
Why would you ever want to catch up to your "TBR pile" anyway? That would be an awful, awful thing to have no new books to read!
Oh, I don't think I'll ever have a TBR of zero. That's not the goal. But I would very much like to have it down to some manageable number. There are whole ouvres in my Calibre that I can't seem to get to.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2014, 03:40 PM   #2658
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Kobo needs to stop with the contests. Wishlists start to repopulate almost immediately and the cause of the bulk of my damage this month was a 75% off coupon--after I had entirely denuded my wishlist.
This last contest was unusually generous with the 75% codes (which btw I still have some unused) but the next few may not be so.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 04:38 PM   #2659
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleStar View Post
An empty TBR pile would be a dreadful thing. But at the moment I have a four year TBR pile, and it's growing.

I want to end up with a 3-6 month TBR pile, or at the outside no more than a year. That way I'll be able to wait to take advantage of good offers, but still be current in my reading, rather than (as I have now) have books on my TBR pile that I bought nearly ten years ago!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:08 AM   #2660
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
I have temporarily killfiled the Kobo Coupons thread. I don't even want to HEAR about any new coupons unless they're at least 80-90% AND multi-use. At which point, I'm going to quietly go into the corner and cry, but only after I go nuts again.
Here you go:

Kobo 80% multi-use coupon

Great link. I guarantee that you'll be coming back to it for some time
You can thank me later for going crazy.

Last edited by Katsunami; 03-31-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-31-2014, 11:18 AM   #2661
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Here you go:

Great link. I guarantee that you'll be coming back it for some time
Oh, now that was cruel. In a funny way. I only clicked the link three or four times before I twigged.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:30 AM   #2662
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
The warning is right there, so don't blame me

(Even with the missing word... must replace my keyboard )
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 11:42 AM   #2663
gabby98
Wizard
gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gabby98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android, Nook Simple Touch, Nook Color, ..., Glo
Quote:
The warning is right there, so don't blame me

(Even with the missing word... must replace my keyboard )
I must say that was good

Well I am picking up a new (new to me) car today. First time that I have financed in at least 14 yrs, so I have to cut back on all my excess spending and not just ebooks. I think i will start applying our rules here to everything, the best I can....Keep your fingers crossed for me
gabby98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 12:55 PM   #2664
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Here you go:

Great link. I guarantee that you'll be coming back to it for some time

good one.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:01 PM   #2665
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Only four hours to go until the end of March! (For me, at any rate!)
Old 04-01-2014, 05:26 AM   #2666
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

I made it into April!

But I have now used my 75% off code from the March competition to buy No Going Back. It cost me £1.86 or $2.79 in my nominal dollars ($1.5:1).

And there's also my Lightspeed magazine subscription ($0.70).

But I think that I will not be buying the May Baen bundle. Instead I will buy the one book in it that I really want at Kobo with a good coupon later this month or early next month (whenever it appears at Kobo). I'm not interested enough in the other two to buy them.

If I can get another 75% off code at the right time, that might leave my April total at under $6!

So - can I be good for the rest of April? I think I can, unless an amazing (>=75%) multi-use coupon for Kobo turns up, when I'll get my backlog of wanted but missed Baen bundle books.

BTW, there is currently a multi-use 50% off Kobo coupon (g5g5), valid until the end of tomorrow or 10,000 total uses.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:59 AM   #2667
PurpleStar
Wizard
PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PurpleStar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Clara 2E
I bought Hollow World by Michael J. Sullivan with a leftover coupon I had from the Kobo contest. (one of my favorite authors!) That will be the ONLY book I buy this month! Let's see if I can keep my promise. Not including freebies of course.

Last edited by PurpleStar; 04-01-2014 at 10:02 AM.
PurpleStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:09 AM   #2668
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
A new month, a new quarter, even! I feel fresh, hardy and resolute.

It would have to be an awfully good coupon to tempt me right now (but those awfully good coupons happen, as we know). I do have to watch out for daily specials and deals of that ilk. They almost never appeal, but even though the outlay isn't significant, just two or three can make the difference between a net reduction in my TBR and a net gain.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 11:57 AM   #2669
CRussel
(he/him/his)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
I made it into April!

But I have now used my 75% off code from the March competition to buy No Going Back. It cost me £1.86 or $2.79 in my nominal dollars ($1.5:1).

And there's also my Lightspeed magazine subscription ($0.70).

But I think that I will not be buying the May Baen bundle. Instead I will buy the one book in it that I really want at Kobo with a good coupon later this month or early next month (whenever it appears at Kobo). I'm not interested enough in the other two to buy them.

If I can get another 75% off code at the right time, that might leave my April total at under $6!

So - can I be good for the rest of April? I think I can, unless an amazing (>=75%) multi-use coupon for Kobo turns up, when I'll get my backlog of wanted but missed Baen bundle books.

BTW, there is currently a multi-use 50% off Kobo coupon (g5g5), valid until the end of tomorrow or 10,000 total uses.
Why not try that 80% coupon that Katsunami left me.

Well, I've just spent 1 credit at Audible to buy the latest Foreigner book, but I knew that was coming. (I bought the Kindle edition back in August, and ended up getting it for $3 less than the released price.) Like you, I'm not buying the May bundle, and I have several books on my immediate TBR that I really want to read, so no compelling purchases coming up this month, except possibly the 4th book in the Steerswoman series, if she gets it out around her chemo sessions.

Overall I think I'm doing much better. As long as I can stay away from those evil coupons.
Old 04-01-2014, 01:37 PM   #2670
Tarana
Wizard
Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tarana ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PWSE, Voyage, K3, HDX, KBasic 7 & 8, Nook Glo3, Echos, Nanos
I will probably get the bundle and my Audible starts up again in a couple of days and I still have two credits to use. Nothing on my current wishlist can be discounted by coupon, so that prevents me from buying for a bit. It's the audiobooks at $1.99 that are hard to avoid. Working on that though.
Tarana is offline   Reply With Quote