Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-07-2018, 02:52 PM   #31
4691mls
Wizard
4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.4691mls ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ALL DEVICES ARE STOCK: Kobo Clara, Tolino Shine 2, Sony PRS-T3, T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperclassique View Post
Ah, now I understand. Here, in France, we do it on line. Not in a line. Takes five minutes.
Renewals of existing car registration/license plate can be done online in my state. Not sure about new purchases since it's been a while for me. I think if you buy a car through a car dealer (as opposed to an individual) the dealer often takes care of the paperwork.

I was able to take care of my last driver's license renewal online but I think the next one will have to be in person.
4691mls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 11:35 AM   #32
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4691mls View Post
Renewals of existing car registration/license plate can be done online in my state. Not sure about new purchases since it's been a while for me. I think if you buy a car through a car dealer (as opposed to an individual) the dealer often takes care of the paperwork.

I was able to take care of my last driver's license renewal online but I think the next one will have to be in person.
Ditto.
Annual renewals online or by mail for ages and ages.
DMV is only actually required for a new driver's license (a right of passage!) or vehicle transactions between individuals.

Some states are more concerned about keeping government employment as high as possible than efficiency or customer experience.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2018, 12:18 PM   #33
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Ditto.
Annual renewals online or by mail for ages and ages.
DMV is only actually required for a new driver's license (a right of passage!) or vehicle transactions between individuals.

Some states are more concerned about keeping government employment as high as possible than efficiency or customer experience.
So how do they get a new picture of you? Do you upload it to a website?

In CT, we can go to any AAA office for driver's license renewals. Usually takes about 10-15 minutes from the time I walk in to when I walk out with my new license.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:33 PM   #34
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by shalym View Post
So how do they get a new picture of you? Do you upload it to a website?

In CT, we can go to any AAA office for driver's license renewals. Usually takes about 10-15 minutes from the time I walk in to when I walk out with my new license.

Shari
They take digital pics to start with.
Licenses run something like four to six years.
Plates even longer and all you get for renewals are the annual stickers. Mail delivery works fine.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #35
gweeks
Fanatic
gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gweeks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket, Nook ST, Kobo WiFi, Kindle PW
Quote:
Plates even longer and all you get for renewals are the annual stickers. Mail delivery works fine.
PA just stopped bothering with the stickers for plate renewal. The cops have been checking the central database anyway rather than looking for the sticker. They point a reader (It's just a camera) at the plate and it looks the registration information up for them including make model and renewal status. Not much use for the sticker then.
gweeks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2018, 01:01 PM   #36
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Ok, we renew our driver's licenses every four years, and have to get a new picture every time. Registration renewal is every 2 years and we do it either by mail or online. No stickers needed for registrations anymore.

Shari
Old 06-08-2018, 01:15 PM   #37
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
In this area, the motor vehicle license is an annual renewal which is done through an insurance agent. When you renew your insurance, you get the new decal for your license plate. Driver's license is every 5 years on your birthday and must be done at a driver licensing office since they will take a new photo. Even worse when you have the enhanced driver's license allowing crossing into the USA without needing a passport -- the EDL is not accepted as ID for renewing so you need to jump through the hoops of bringing your birth certificate and another piece of ID such as your passport as well as the old EDL so they can destroy it.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 02:25 PM   #38
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Ok, we renew our driver's licenses every four years, and have to get a new picture every time. Registration renewal is every 2 years and we do it either by mail or online. No stickers needed for registrations anymore.

Shari
In California they just send you a notice in the mail. Pay the fee - get the new license in the mail. They use the same picture.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 09:48 AM   #39
shalym
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
In California they just send you a notice in the mail. Pay the fee - get the new license in the mail. They use the same picture.
Interesting. So if a person lives in California for their entire life they could have the picture that was taken for their first driver's license as a teenager for their whole driving life? That must be interesting when the person visits another state when they're in their 60s and have to use the license as ID!

Shari
Old 06-09-2018, 11:24 AM   #40
dordale
Wizard
dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dordale ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650 & 350; Kindle Voyage; Kobo Aura HD, Aura One, and Forma
Quote:
Interesting. So if a person lives in California for their entire life they could have the picture that was taken for their first driver's license as a teenager for their whole driving life? That must be interesting when the person visits another state when they're in their 60s and have to use the license as ID!

Shari
Actually every so many renewals you do have to go in and get your picture taken and do a vision test. Each renewal lasts is for a five year period and after using the same picture on three licenses, they required me to come in.
dordale is offline   Reply With Quote