Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-16-2017, 02:39 PM   #31
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liisssaa View Post
If that's the case AnemicOak, that it's a fixed format, is there a way to fix that or no?
If it is fixed format, it's not worth the effort to try to fix it. It may not even be possible without losing the formatting. So forget it, read the KF8, and move on.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 02:47 PM   #32
Liisssaa
Liisssaa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If your goal is simply to get it in your Cloud library, you should be able to do that by converting it to a "dual Mobi" - i.e. a file containing both Mobi7 and KF8 versions of the book. That way you'll still get the KF8 version downloaded to your Kindle.
How do I do that? Is that selecting "both" for mobi output?
Liisssaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 03:08 PM   #33
Liisssaa
Liisssaa began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have found a way! I converted a epub file of the book to mobi using the kindle previewer from amazon and that worked

Thanks guys for all your help. I appreciate it
Liisssaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:27 PM   #34
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
If your goal is simply to get it in your Cloud library, you should be able to do that by converting it to a "dual Mobi" - i.e. a file containing both Mobi7 and KF8 versions of the book. That way you'll still get the KF8 version downloaded to your Kindle.
But if it is a fixed format eBook, then it's going to get rather messed up in the conversion.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:34 PM   #35
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I have found a way! I converted a epub file of the book to mobi using the kindle previewer from amazon and that worked

Previewer/kindlegen is always a good tool to have in your arsenal. Basically you converted to dual format which is likely why it's working. Your Kindle is actually using the AZW3/KF8 and not Mobi portion.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 04:35 PM   #36
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:

Yes, that creates a dual Mobi. The Mobi7 part of it is probably still messed up, but the KF8 component (which is what you're getting sent to your Kindle) isn't.

Glad to hear you got it sorted.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #37
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:

Glad you got it sorted.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw3, conversion, kindle, kindle paperwhite, mobi