Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-05-2011, 12:07 PM   #1
nickoh
nickoh began at the beginning.

Device: sony reader
import whole folders to calibre-library

hi.
i just installed calibre and now want to import my ebooks.
i already imported some, but it seems, as if its not possible to import whole folders.
i have my ebooks in folders with many subfolders which would make it quite exhausting to open every folder to import the books.

drag and drop also failed.
is there a simple solution??

thanks
cheers
nico
nickoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 12:24 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Click the down are nex to Add books and see if any of those options work for you?
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
PaulineDesigns
Connoisseur
PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.PaulineDesigns once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Aluratek Libre Pro, HS M700, Axim w/uBook
I am new to calibre too and just added a bunch of my books yesterday. I clicked the down arrow of the Add books icon and selected the choice:
Add books from directories, including sub-directories (Multiple books per directory, assumes every ebook file is a separate book)

Then pick the folder you want to add. Took a while but it worked great!
PaulineDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 06:58 PM   #4
minsik
minsik began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H2O revision 5.
Along a very similar vein is it possible to make calibre use this as the default action for adding files but also to add files within folders?
this i though worked some time ago in unknown version but it may not have. I know the option in the add files button drop down list but why not allow customisation of the add files button?

Maybe there is a way but as yet i cant locate it.

thanks for all suggestions etc.
MInsik
minsik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 09:32 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by minsik View Post
Along a very similar vein is it possible to make calibre use this as the default action for adding files but also to add files within folders?
this i though worked some time ago in unknown version but it may not have. I know the option in the add files button drop down list but why not allow customisation of the add files button?

Maybe there is a way but as yet i cant locate it.

thanks for all suggestions etc.
MInsik
Adding bulk files is usually a 1 time function used primarily for setting up a library.

If you want to add a block of new book (eg. a Baen Bundle), consider setting up an 'Auto-Add' folder to drop them into. DO REMEMBER the original files dropped will be deleted after adding them into the library
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert