Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-03-2019, 12:00 PM   #1
suzanneskifirst
Suzanneski
suzanneskifirst began at the beginning.

Device: none
Kindle Fire books not in reading app

I just purchased a Kindle Fire 7 9th generation and am ready to throw it out and go back to my kindle fire first edition.

When I open the kindle book app, only books purchased from Amazon show. No.

I see my sideloaded books in the documents file all mixed up with junk.
I want them to show in the kindle app with my kindle purchases.

I have tried making collections online and on the devise. When I go to the reader and press the collections button, it says “No collections.”

This is a nightmare.

I do not have this problem with my old fire, my tablet, or my phone. They all work and have all my books showing in the app. I'm fixing to blow an artery. Please help me force my device to do my bidding.
suzanneskifirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 05:35 PM   #2
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Since there's no other answer yet, I'll throw in a suggestion that may be only halfway helpful. Ask in the Calibre thread. There is a flag you can throw .... or some ID phrase .... which says your book is a book and not a "doc". But I forget the details .....
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2019, 02:10 PM   #3
suzanneskifirst
Suzanneski
suzanneskifirst began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for your reply,.

I already know how to use Calibre. But what I need to do is get this darn thing to work the way I want it to. There must be a way to set the app to see all my books at once without needing to be at home with my computer.

Suzanne
suzanneskifirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 03:24 PM   #4
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Well, what I was referring to is a setting on each book, which changes how your kindle displays them. As a "book" with all the others, or as a "doc" in a separate page. You only need to use Calibre once (on each book), and afterwards don't have to be at home for your kindle to display things correctly. But I don't remember the correct term for the setting I mean.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 05:21 PM   #5
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
How exactly are you sideloading?

I use the calibre companion app to get books from calibre to my Amazon tablets and in all cases it places the ooks in books ,not documents

I don't have the exact same device as you but they should all behave the same.

So if you have been doing it manually with a usb cable. Get the trail version of the app instead and see if works. If not there is a sub forum where you can ask for more help

Ps if all but one of your devices file the sideloads correctly that suggests that it is not a problem within the books. Or within calibre, it's device settings or it's where you are putting them.i.e.in what folder.

But there is no such thing as a Kindle fire oth gen. There are kindles which are sink readers and there are fires, which are android tablets but the Kindle part of the Kindle fire name was dropped years ago. So what is the device you have called on an Amazon listing and in device info, and what version of fire os is it using. And is it fully updated. Press check for updates

Last edited by stumped; 07-09-2019 at 05:28 PM.
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert