Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-18-2006, 03:51 AM   #1
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
Sony Connect - ebooks from Sony are almost here!

sony's ebook store http://ebooks.connect.com/index.html works sometimes

Some intesting datamining is in help section:

http://connect.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/...GV4dD1yZWFkZXI

"Connect Support / Search FAQ's

Search FAQ's

Topic
Keyword Search Tips reader search

Question
How can I get more information about your new eBooks product and service?

Answer
Thank you for your interest in the new eBook reader from Sony. The Sony Reader is slated to be available in summer of 2006 with an estimated price between $299 and $399.

The Sony Reader will be in Sony’s BBeB format; however, the Reader will support PDF, TXT, RTF, MP3 and JPG as native formats with no conversions needed. The Sony Reader software will also be able to convert Microsoft© Word documents into RTF files to be read.

Connect will also be providing over 10,000 fiction and non-fiction titles from the most popular major and independent publishers in addition to free custom RSS Feeds.

For full specifications please visit www.sony.com/reader or Sony style."
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	http_connect_custhelp_com_reader.jpg
Views:	1066
Size:	178.4 KB
ID:	1051  

Last edited by TaKir; 04-18-2006 at 03:58 AM.
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:03 AM   #2
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaKir
The Sony Reader will be in Sony’s BBeB format; however, the Reader will support PDF, TXT, RTF, MP3 and JPG as native formats with no conversions needed. The Sony Reader software will also be able to convert Microsoft Word documents into RTF files to be read.
That sounds promising. Maybe they are listening to their customers after all.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:12 AM   #3
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Heh, also see my latest post over here.

I missed it that the Sony Reader does natively support other formats beside BBeB according to their FAQ. That's great news for everyone!
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 07:13 AM   #4
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
They still haven't settled on the price? I though it was going to be $349. Anyway, the Sony Style store still claims a Spring 2006 release. (That said, it's going to be Summer in two months.)
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:05 PM   #5
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
I mentioned it before in another thread... perhaps the delay of Sony Reader is due to the Connect store being far from complete. Who would buy the hardware if there were not e-books to buy? OK, you could always try to buy an e-book from another vendor, use software like ConvertLit to convert it to a compatible format, and get then transfer it to the Reader - but that's certainly not for the faint-hearted and not exactly helping Sony to sell its products.
doctorow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 03:38 PM   #6
TaKir
Keine Ursache! ))
TaKir is on a distinguished road

Device: Lbook V8 & V3_Vizplex
Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorow
Who would buy the hardware if there were not e-books to buy?
I will. With a great pleasure!
But as my father always joked: "with pleasure - much more expensive"
TaKir is offline   Reply With Quote