Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 04-11-2010, 07:42 PM   #1
simonk83
simonk83 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Buying Duty Free in Singapore?

Hi all

I'm heading through Singapore in a couple of days (late notice I know) and am considering picking up an ebook reader while I'm there if:

a) That's even possible

b) I can decide which I want

To be honest, I don't need anything fancy. I have a large collection of ebooks already on my PC, so I just want the ability to transfer those to the reader and be up and running. I don't care about wireless or 3G connections really, touch screen is always nice but I don't really care if it has it or not.

Really the only prerequisites are:

1. I can transfer from my PC to the device

2. The device has a good reputation with users.

That's about it

Has anyone happened to have bought one in Singapore, and can anyone recommend a reader for me? The Sony's seem OK and appear to have a good rep on here?

Thanks very much!
simonk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #2
ifatfat
ifatfat doesn't litterifatfat doesn't litter

Device: Apple Ipod Touch, Sony PRS-505
I'm from Singapore, and unfortunately there's no retail selling Sony ebook readers. Most of us got our readers from sites like Amazon, etc.
ifatfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-11-2010, 08:37 PM   #3
simonk83
simonk83 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifatfat View Post
I'm from Singapore, and unfortunately there's no retail selling Sony ebook readers. Most of us got our readers from sites like Amazon, etc.
Oh bummer Ok, thanks for the info, I'll probably buy online when I get back then
simonk83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 08:57 PM   #4
tofubean
Connoisseur
tofubean is on a distinguished road

Device: K3, iPad, PW
You can get ectaco jetbook, eco reader, iriver story or oaxis ebook reader at iknow stores around the island. They might be limited in stocks at certain outlets, you should check before heading down to take a look/buy. Their website -> www.iknow.com.sg

ebookshop.com.sg has a few different selections like hanvon, hanlin, cooler and etc. But i don't think they have physical outlets like iknow. There's a shop in Sim Lim Square that sells imported kindle and a shop that also sells foxit eslick reader.
tofubean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 11:02 PM   #5
greenapple
Evangelist
greenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enoughgreenapple will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle DX, Kobo Aura HD
Singapore happens to be a poor place to be shopping for an ebook reader. You won't be able to buy a Sony reader, and Amazon refuses to ship Kindle to Singapore addresses. LOL.
greenapple is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert