Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > HanLin eBook

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 05:41 PM   #16
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
I'm using the firmware for more than 3 weeks now, and I'm extremely happy with it! One big
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 05:49 PM   #17
Tirwal
Enthusiast
Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Hi:

I make a new version. Tirwal 2.9. I mod both BookShelfs, LBook and Hanlin, to list ODT files. (OpenOffice text). I include a directory named OpenDocument, with a script in it, to rename ODT files to ODT.EPUB, and open with ADE. Put your ODT files inside this directory, and the directory in the root of the SD.
I update CoolReader to 17022010 compilation.

Download link:

http://www.4shared.com/file/22558697...S19022010.html

I update the first post.

Thanks

Last edited by Tirwal; 02-19-2010 at 05:53 PM.
Tirwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #18
Sanderfox
Sanderfox began at the beginning.

Device: bebook
Thanks for the update!
Btw, any news on when you might start using the new sdk?
Sanderfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 04:29 AM   #19
Tirwal
Enthusiast
Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Tirwal has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Hi:

I start using new SDK when it'll be more stable. In actual version many file format libraries don't work, and the keys fail. CoolReader don't work in lastest version. Perhaps, when chinese will go back of their chinese new year, we'll have news.

Bye
Old 02-21-2010, 07:03 AM   #20
jotekman
Enthusiast
jotekman is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-300
Hey,fabulous firmware, I only use my own EPUBs and the Coolreader has LOTS of customization, which I like a lot.
Only one question... where do I put custom fonts? I tried making a .fonts folder, but didnt work.... any suggestions? Thanks and sorry to bother you with this!
-Jotek
jotekman is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-21-2010, 06:23 PM   #21
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Hi:

Put in /folder in the SD to use with mobipocket and hanlin viewers. To use the fonts with mobipocket they must have an special format. There are 4 files, *.ttf, *bd.ttf, *i.ttf, and *bi.ttf, normal font, bold, italic, and italic bold. To use with CoolReader they must had been under /crengine/fonts in the SD.

Bye
Old 02-21-2010, 10:40 PM   #22
lexfiend
lexfiend doesn't litterlexfiend doesn't litter

Device: Librie
Just bought an ECO Reader yesterday, and was just trying to install the Tirwal 2.9 firmware. I unzipped into the root of my 1GB Kingston SD, then turned off the reader and turned it back on while holding down the V+ key. When the reader double-beeped, I released the key. The screen showed:

Quote:
Version 1.0.5 2008-03-21
Checking Update Data Please Wait
followed by 6 long beeps, then:

Quote:
Invalidate File
Please Check Your Update File
I double-checked that all the files (particularly V3update.bin) were written to the SD correctly by doing a diff against the ZIP (which also unpacked with no errors). I tried again with a 256MB no-name MMC, and got exactly the same results.

A second (normal) reboot loaded the stock firmware (V2.10AU.090730), so at least I'm not entirely out of luck.

Does anyone have any idea what went wrong and how to fix it? Thanks much!
lexfiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 03:49 AM   #23
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Hi:

Download again. The file downloaded may be corrupted, and format the SD to be sure the format is corrected.

Bye
Old 02-22-2010, 09:59 AM   #24
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirwal View Post
Hi:

Put in /folder in the SD to use with mobipocket and hanlin viewers. To use the fonts with mobipocket they must have an special format. There are 4 files, *.ttf, *bd.ttf, *i.ttf, and *bi.ttf, normal font, bold, italic, and italic bold. To use with CoolReader they must had been under /crengine/fonts in the SD.

Bye
Tirwal, could you please elaborate on this because I'm desperately longing to use this DejaVuSerif font with my .mobi files. You mean we should put the fonts in the same folder as the .mobi file is (and rename in that special fashion) *(cuz I did to no avail) or just make a folder in root directory and the reader will find them itself.

Thank you.

Last edited by dioib; 02-22-2010 at 10:12 AM.
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 05:47 PM   #25
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Hi:

Download this fonts directory and put in the root of your SD.

http://www.4shared.com/file/21164162...e18/fonts.html

Each font has to have 4 files. One with the normal font, other with bold font, other with italic and other with bold italic, and its names has to end with the above terminations.

In the directory I put here, you have DejaVuSanSerif font in the correct form.

If don't work, put the directory in Internal Memory.

Bye
Old 02-22-2010, 09:05 PM   #26
dioib
∂₪≈☼
dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dioib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ιη.σιγ.ηιφι.κα
Thank you Tirwal, I couldn't find the DejaVuSerif font in that list, so I cooked it the way you said but it didn't fly. Instead I copied and renamed the Serif fonts to those of Sans and it works for now.
dioib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:37 AM   #27
jotekman
Enthusiast

Hiya! Thanks for the replies! I did what you said, even made a duplicate directory both on hard drive and on internal memory, made sure all fonts had the ending, and downloaded your file and added that too. None of the new fonts showed up. Is it because I only use Epub files? or am I doing something else wrong here? Thanks again Tirwal!
-Jotek
Old 02-23-2010, 09:23 AM   #28
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
if are using adobe to read epub files then you cant change fonts.
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #29
jotekman
Enthusiast

I am pretty sure that I was using CoolReader to read them. I COULD change fonts and all the other settings, but I cant seem to add new fonts....
Old 02-23-2010, 01:05 PM   #30
Tirwal
Enthusiast

Hi:

To use fonts under CoolReader there must be in /crengine/fonts/ in the root of your SD.

Bye