Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 01-03-2010, 11:53 AM   #1
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast
BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.

Device: Sony 505 (2nd one), had a Cool-er but broke it, Dell Streak
Cool-er menu layout

Is it possible to change the cool-er's layout so that when i turn it on i am taken straight to my list of books rather than the audio/my docs.editions etc screen you get when you first boot it?
BenjaminJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:02 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
what version?

What version of firmware are you running? Orignal firmware and the latest release default to the main menu.

However v 1.12.6 will take you back to the last page that you were reading.

As far as I know it will currently default back to the main menu when you turn it on and this is not a setting that you can change.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast
BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.BenjaminJames for a long time would go to bed early.

thanks amy ii have downloaded the 1.12.6 firmware update, i am running 1.11.2, its quite slow and the menu is awfull to navigate.
Do i do it the same way as the new FW update with the card or thru usb.

Last edited by BenjaminJames; 01-04-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: http://www.coolreaders.com/downloads/fw/ which one of the 1.12.6 files do i need to update the firmware btw?
Old 01-05-2010, 03:47 AM   #4
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
Hi -

You always have to update your cool-er through the sd card.

Be sure to unpack the firmware update files before you copy them onto your sd card. (I've forgotten before - and trust me, it doesn't work!)

It was posted on this forum yesterday that there is a new update, in a downloadable zip folder - the previous update was in a .rar file.

I've found the youtube demonstration very helpful:

http://www.coolreaders.com/fw.asp

good luck!
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 03:52 AM   #5
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
SD card

My understanding is that you need to use the SD card in order to the firmware upgrade. Cool-ers website has a nice video on how to do it.

If go directly to the FW directory you can find the older version of the firmware. http://www.coolreaders.com/downloads/fw/

I believe 1.12.6 was the file that was loaded in August.

I do understand that the later version of firmware released is faster though it doesn't open to the last book you were on.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2010, 04:52 PM   #6
BenjaminJames
Enthusiast

Hi all thanks for the help, i have just installed 1.12.6 as i cannot live without return to last page feature (almost made me get rid of cool- er when i first bought it) page turn is fast enough and menu speed it ok, all in all its a massive improvement over 1.11.6 firmware which i was running
edit - have had the new firmware for a day now and i love it its much speedier and the return to last page feature is brilliant , only thing missing now is a standby mode (like the prs 505), anyone know if this is possible on the cool-er?

Last edited by BenjaminJames; 01-06-2010 at 06:00 PM. Reason: update
Old 01-15-2010, 11:53 AM   #7
jackau
Connoisseur
jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cool-er / Mac Mini / Satio / Notebook
They took away the turn on and immediately return to last page freature in lates 1229 release of the firmware (so does the one before that).

I guess this freature should be one optional for users and everytime system resets, it would remove to default which set to not resume.

It is clear, the programmers of COoler is still learning, if the developer has a commitement, I expect to see vastly improved version from later readers by the same maker find its way (offically) to the Cool-er Classic.

I am still waiting for better PDF support, since i came across cell phones like the Nokia 5230 with 434 MHZ CPU runs on the recource demanding OS does better PDF viewing in colour than the 400MHZ powered COOL-ER run on suspose to be lean linux! It is a question of coding than hardware limitation.

Since it uses linux, it is possible to get the source code and improve on the software by the community.
jackau is offline   Reply With Quote