Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-02-2009, 09:38 AM   #1
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
2 things my Sony had that I wished my Kindle did

First: Support for PDFs. I am sure this has been talked to death so I will leave it at that.

Second: How about a quick way to return to the book you were just reading? From the home screen on the sony the very top option was "Continue reading XXXXX" simple and efficient.
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:01 AM   #2
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
1. I agree.

2. I don't understand. Kindle will re-open to the last page you were reading when you wake it up from sleep mode. If you're out at the menu, you just keep it sorted by most recent and select the book right there on or near the top and you go back to the last page you were reading.
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2009, 10:03 AM   #3
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
I wish that the Kindle would implement a history section for each book. A few of us who owned Sony readers sent feedback to Amazon on that when we bought K1s, hoping it would be implemented for the K2.

Also a more organize home section.

Last edited by Lilly; 04-02-2009 at 10:05 AM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
If you switch from a book back to the home page, hitting the "Back" button will return you to the book you were reading at the page you were on.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 10:23 AM   #5
sirbruce
Provocateur
sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirbruce ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, Kindle 2, Kindle DX, iPhone 3GS
"... with the power of lust."
"... sparks of desire would go off inside ..."
sirbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
rcuadro
Wizard
rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcuadro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
If you switch from a book back to the home page, hitting the "Back" button will return you to the book you were reading at the page you were on.
I tried that before and nothing happened. I pressed it a couple of times and sure as hell it works now. Strange. I pressed every button (including "back") and nothing worked until just now. I feel silly now.
The PDF thing would still be awesome...
rcuadro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
If willpower could compel results, the sheer volume of posts/demands/whines here and on other Kindle discussion boards would have delivered PDF to the waiting hordes by now. Dare to dream!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:18 PM   #8
Sporadic
Banned
Sporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with othersSporadic plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly View Post
I wish that the Kindle would implement a history section for each book. A few of us who owned Sony readers sent feedback to Amazon on that when we bought K1s, hoping it would be implemented for the K2.

*snip*

Also a more organize home section.
Isn't that what the "My Clippings" section is?
Sporadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 12:10 AM   #9
pbennett
Enthusiast
pbennett began at the beginning.

Device: Sony 500, Amazon Kindle
No, the history is literally the page history so if you bounce around following links, etc. you can bring up the history and find your way back. With the Kindle's back button you don't need it as much. When I had a Sony the only time I remember really needing it was when I accidentally skipped way ahead and wanted to go back to where I came from.
pbennett is offline   Reply With Quote