Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-01-2011, 11:50 PM   #1
allaboutroot.com
allaboutroot.com began at the beginning.

Device: htc evo
help please content server

i am trying to get content server to work from my moble phones internet when i am on my wifi router it works fine when i am on my phones internet (sprint 3g) i cant access the page i have enabled port fowarding in my router and still no progress pls help
allaboutroot.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 10:18 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
What IP:port did you use when using 3G?
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-03-2011, 01:27 AM   #3
allaboutroot.com
allaboutroot.com began at the beginning.

Device: htc evo
i used port 8080 in calibre and just tried to browse to it with my ip and port number and nothing happens
allaboutroot.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:08 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaboutroot.com View Post
i used port 8080 in calibre and just tried to browse to it with my ip and port number and nothing happens
Your 3g is using your external IP address to get to the server, when you are in your home using the wifi you have to use your local IP address of the computer hosting the server. Most likely it is a 192.168.x.x number.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote