Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-01-2011, 02:15 PM   #166
ktwombley
Connoisseur
ktwombley began at the beginning.

Device: pocket edge
Did you have the google apps zip on your sdcard/usb stick during the allmine installation?

Best bet is to retry allmine with the gapps.zip there. If that doesn't work, we can poke around a bit to see where it went wrong.
ktwombley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 03:48 PM   #167
florob
florob began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktwombley View Post
Did you have the google apps zip on your sdcard/usb stick during the allmine installation?

Best bet is to retry allmine with the gapps.zip there. If that doesn't work, we can poke around a bit to see where it went wrong.
Both gapps.zip and update.zip where on the usb.
The only "strange" thing is that when i downloaded the update.zip from the link on the first page I downloaded a file whose name already was update (I supposed it was the right one because it contained a file named Allmine).
Do you think it is worth trying again?
florob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2011, 06:27 PM   #168
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle dx; eDGe
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnseeking View Post
Are you in I.T., ivan?
In a word - yes.

I own a small company that builds, repairs and maintains computer systems for other small companies and private individuals that find us by word of mouth advertising.
ivanjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:36 PM   #169
vicinc
Guru
vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vicinc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Pocket Edgex2(1unborked), Alex, Nook B&W, Nook Color, Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanjt View Post
In a word - yes.

I own a small company that builds, repairs and maintains computer systems for other small companies and private individuals that find us by word of mouth advertising.
If you need any word of mouth here in UK?
vicinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:33 PM   #170
morriea
morriea began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket Edge/Sony prs-300/Nook Color with CM7 boot card
RELIABLE DATA CONNECTION CANNOT BE ESTABLISHED

hope I am in the right place...newest of the noobs

I have 2 PEs....The first setup went off without a hitch. In fact I was able to use microSD throughout the whole process. It is working like a dream and I cannot give enough thanks to all who made it happen.

The 2nd seemed to be perfect, but it cannot seem to connect to google. I tried through market, account and sync, gmail app...it always says a reliable connection cannot be established.

I looked through the file to see if the serial # was in...answer YES.

....I put the 2 side by side next to my WiFi router and PE#1 connects fine so the WiFi is not the problem. It worked just fine before running 2.2 w/o allmine....

any suggestions?

oh yeah...the browser reaches the internet just fine.
morriea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2011, 06:52 AM   #171
ivanjt
Guru
ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ivanjt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinc View Post
If you need any word of mouth here in UK?
Thanks vicinc. As a matter of fact I do see people from the UK and their computers when they are down here on holiday or for the skiing. Fortunately their problems are mostly along the lines of 'how do I connect to the internet or the WiFi'.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:48 AM   #172
ktwombley
Connoisseur
ktwombley began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriea View Post
hope I am in the right place...newest of the noobs

I have 2 PEs....The first setup went off without a hitch. In fact I was able to use microSD throughout the whole process. It is working like a dream and I cannot give enough thanks to all who made it happen.

The 2nd seemed to be perfect, but it cannot seem to connect to google. I tried through market, account and sync, gmail app...it always says a reliable connection cannot be established.

I looked through the file to see if the serial # was in...answer YES.

....I put the 2 side by side next to my WiFi router and PE#1 connects fine so the WiFi is not the problem. It worked just fine before running 2.2 w/o allmine....

any suggestions?

oh yeah...the browser reaches the internet just fine.
Did you by any chance try to set your account up before performing allmine on the second one?
ktwombley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:37 AM   #173
morriea

Quote:
Did you by any chance try to set your account up before performing allmine on the second one?
No. I even tried Allmine a second time....same outcome.

And THANK YOU for responding!
Old 11-02-2011, 10:52 AM   #174
morriea

Quote:
I just went into froyomail and set up my gmail account with NO communication errors at all.....now I am VERY confused. Still cannot connect to market due to the communication problem.

Should I just start over at step 1 again?

update:started at step 1 again...same problem.

Last edited by morriea; 11-02-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: update
Old 11-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #175
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Not sure if it matters or not, but are you using the same or different accounts on the two devices?
glow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:19 PM   #176
ivanjt
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by morriea View Post
I just went into froyomail and set up my gmail account with NO communication errors at all.....now I am VERY confused. Still cannot connect to market due to the communication problem.

Should I just start over at step 1 again?
May I ask why do you want the market?

Apart from the odd app that might not work on the PE there doesn't appear to be much use for it.
Old 11-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #177
morriea

Quote:
Originally Posted by glow View Post
Not sure if it matters or not, but are you using the same or different accounts on the two devices?
I am using the same account...but I also it for my CM7 Nook Color and my HTC Merge with no problems. Could this be a problem?
Old 11-02-2011, 01:41 PM   #178
morriea

Quote:

Apart from the odd app that might not work on the PE there doesn't appear to be much use for it.
I would like it to sync with Google. I want to give one of these away as a gift(will give away the working one if I have to).
I admit I loved it as it was, but now it is a matter of pride. Cannot think of why it would work on one and not the other...

AND contacts/calendar syncing would be nice.
Old 11-02-2011, 06:15 PM   #179
KPAdmiral
KPAdmiral began at the beginning.

Device: Pocket Edge
Has anyone else run in to this problem?

Background: I've had my pocket edge updated to ermine for months, runs fine, just upset I can't gapps running, or many apps due to build checks. Upgraded to Allmine, as per the multistep process of downgrading to dingo, then upgrading to ermine, then allmine with gapps. Gapps work marvelous now, everything is as I would wish for...except.

Problem: My bluetooth now will not stay on, it previously worked...but for some reason now doesn't. I go to setttings->network controls->bluetooth and it turns on...then a second later turns itself off...then a second later turns itself back on! this continues indefinitely until I manually have to restart. Now if I go to settings->network controls->bluetooth settings->bluetooth, I can turn it on, a second later it will turn off, without repeating. This is all strange, one check box sets it into a loop, and the other does not. Overall result is I can't get bluetooth to stay on for more than one second.

Am I alone on this? Any idea what could have caused this?
KPAdmiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 06:22 PM   #180
glow
Book and Gadget Fan
glow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to beholdglow is a splendid one to behold

Device: Nooks GL3, ST w/GL, Color, HD+; Kindles Voyage & Paperwhite; PE, EE
Quote:

I haven't done the Allmine procedure yet myself, but I think the advantage of having the Market installed, in addition to a nice searchable user interface and easy one-step installation, is that it automatically notifies you of updates to the installed apps.
glow is offline   Reply With Quote