Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-16-2010, 04:08 AM   #1
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
USB Drive Mode on K3

When I connect my K3 to my PC, predominantly for the purposes of charging, the unit switches to 'USB Drive Mode' with a message that if I wish to continue reading I should eject the Kindle, this I do but I am unable to bring the device out of USB Mode, whether this is a 'feature' of Win7 HP I don't know.

It's a pity that you don't get an option list when you plug the unit into a PC via USB in the same fashion that you have with an android phone.
Cheers
Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 04:52 AM   #2
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Right click the Kindle drive in Computer and select Eject to take it out of USB drive mode when using a Vista/7 machine. You can't use the remove hardware icon in the notification area in the bottom corner of your screen. Its mentioned in the manual.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2010, 07:30 AM   #3
Paulinafrica
Zealot
Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Paulinafrica can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Android, Kindle 3 Wi-Fi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
Right click the Kindle drive in Computer and select Eject to take it out of USB drive mode when using a Vista/7 machine. You can't use the remove hardware icon in the notification area in the bottom corner of your screen. Its mentioned in the manual.
Thanks Tiersten, you're right of course it is mentioned in the manual:

"• Windows Vista and Windows 7: Click on the Start button, select "Computer" from the options, right-click on the Kindle drive icon and select "Eject" from the pop-up menu."

Pity that I didn't take the time to read the entire manual eh?
Cheers
Paul
Paulinafrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 10:04 AM   #4
sirmaru
Wizard
sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sirmaru ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 2013, HDX 2013, Galaxy S5 2014
Remove Hardware Icon does work in Windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiersten View Post
I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and, when clicking the Remove Hardware Icon in the lower right, all access to files on the Kindle WiFi LG 3 are closed to the user and it is safe to remove it from the PC.

Clicking the disk icon to eject, only enables reading while charging.
sirmaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2010, 03:23 PM   #5
Tiersten
Guru
Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.Tiersten shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle 3G+WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and, when clicking the Remove Hardware Icon in the lower right, all access to files on the Kindle WiFi LG 3 are closed to the user and it is safe to remove it from the PC.

It doesn't work if you want to take it out of USB drive mode when using Vista/7 which was what Paulinafrica was asking.
Tiersten is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2010, 12:43 AM   #6
DMSmillie
Enquiring Mind
DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'DMSmillie understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kindle 3 (WiFi)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirmaru View Post
Which is what paulinafrica indicated is what he wanted to be able to do...
DMSmillie is offline   Reply With Quote