Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #91
vnov
vnov began at the beginning.

Device: Kinde 4/Non-Touch
Thank you so much for this application and GUI

I have a question: there's a way to batch-convert lots of folders (or files) into lots of individual .mobi comics?

Cheers
vnov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 02:08 PM   #92
teraflame
Enthusiast
teraflame began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Is there a way to make the images look better? There is a lot of aliasing going on and considering the PW's resolution, that should not be prominent.
teraflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #93
vnov

Question

Another question:

There's any way to make this app work with "landscape" comics, like "El Eternauta" (The Ethernaut) ?

Image:
[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-22-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 04:26 AM   #94
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
Quote:
Originally Posted by vnov View Post
I have a question: there's a way to batch-convert lots of folders (or files) into lots of individual .mobi comics?
sure, with KCC GUI you get a .mobi (and an .epub) for every file you add to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teraflame View Post
Is there a way to make the images look better? There is a lot of aliasing going on and considering the PW's resolution, that should not be prominent.
are you using 2.8? Have you tried to enable/disable dithering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnov View Post
There's any way to make this app work with "landscape" comics, like "El Eternauta" (The Ethernaut) ?
what way do you want it to work?
Try to disable splitting and enabling landscape rotation.
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:05 AM   #95
vnov

Thanks for your answer Ciromattia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
sure, with KCC GUI you get a .mobi (and an .epub) for every file you add to the list.
I've tried it with one folder with several CBZ or CBR files, i got error messages with both filetypes. It works o.k. with a single CBZ or CBR file, though.

Also tried with a folder with several subfolders (jpeg inside these folders), got errors too... But it works with only one folder. Maybe I'm trying with too many subfolders (100)?

Btw, I'm using the GUI, as I don't have any knowledge of python.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciromattia View Post
what way do you want it to work?
Try to disable splitting and enabling landscape rotation.
That doensn't work, the panel view reading order doesn't move in the right sequence, but only now i read this from AcidWeb (sorry, I didn't read the whole topic before asking stuff.... lol ):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acidweb
1.8 version will include major Landscape Mode bug fix that might resolve your issues. Also it will use bilinear filter.
Old 04-12-2013, 01:34 PM   #96
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Sooo... Amazon released official tool to prepare comic MOBI files.

My one word review: Junk.

It might be somewhat useful for people who want release comics on Amazon but KCC just beat this tool at each level.

Only feature that KCC don't have - GUI to set panels manually. Auto-detection is also here but it use generic method that fail miserably with manga.

And let me just quote help file of that Amazon tool:
Kindle Panel View is not recommended for Japanese language Manga
No comments.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:13 PM   #97
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post

My one word review: Junk.

Yeah but do you like it?

hehehehehehe
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #98
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidWeb View Post
Sooo... Amazon released official tool to prepare comic MOBI files.
added to tools index
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #99
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
:Offtopic: Works on Wine... Kinda YMMV
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Comic Creator_451.png
Views:	608
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	104273   Click image for larger version

Name:	Selection_452.png
Views:	547
Size:	5.4 KB
ID:	104274   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kindle Comic Creator_453.png
Views:	614
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	104275  
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #100
DumbledoreMD
DumbledoreMD began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Does crashes on Mac OS happen to anybody else? The app crashes when i try to click something inside it...
DumbledoreMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #101
ciromattia
KCC Co-author
ciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role modelciromattia is a good role model

Device: Kindle 3 (Keyboard)
KCC 2.9 has been released.
This new version brings a couple of new features and some bugfixes:
  • you can now generate a plain CBZ if you want only to optimize images without creating ePub or Mobi
  • added GIF, TIFF and BMP to supported image formats
  • filenames slugification: it means that now KCC is less prone to trigger errors when encountering exotic filenames, and the ePub validates against 3.0.
  • also, when creating output files if there's already a file with the same name it is not overwritten but a "_kcc" string is appended.
As always, enjoy

PS: still better than official :P
ciromattia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:00 PM   #102
AllenH
Enthusiast
AllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane AustenAllenH has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
** see edit note below **

Lots of little problems here- and I'm slowly getting through them bit by bit. A question- are you shipping a copy of python along with the gui converter in a bundle?

Also- it doesn't seem to search the path for unrar- I have mine installed via macports, and it's not available for some reason. Perhaps applications use a separate path than terminal logins. I'll try a softlink between the location of install (which is available in the path) and the one you suggested in your thread incase you are purposefully looking in that location.

I also had some sort of problem with sizing on the paperwhite - lots of unused space in the page, not sure if it's taking the margin size or I have a conversion problem (path again?) but no problems were thrown when I unrared the file myself.

Do you have a verbose mode for logging in the gui version?

- note the commandline version had a few issues running as well- but they were different. PIL had an issue where part wasn't available- not sure if I fixed that or not, but it may be why the conversion wasn't working right (smaller images than expected).

** Edit- works! **
The new gui program works quite well with the softlink to the expected location for unrar. [or my path for applications that run shells is a bit off- there's something like three different types of paths/rc files run in unix, so I may have them set differently for some reason]

The paperwhite also has the right image size, and panel-view is working!

One little issue is that the pdoc file flag is created in the mobi- so creations end up in documents instead of books. [That might be on purpose- but it'd be great to have a flag that removes the pdoc flag so that these show up with books if desired.]

Big kudos!! Thank you so much for this great converter. I'll keep playing with it here- but excited to have comics on the kindle!

[the kindle panel view is a bit weird to get used to- I'll have to read about it a bit more, but it's a decent way of viewing tiny items on the page- glad to have access to it via this converter!]

Thank you!!

Last edited by AllenH; 04-20-2013 at 11:13 PM. Reason: update
AllenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 03:22 AM   #103
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@AllenH - We not found any method to remove PDOC flag. All methods that work with normal no-comic MOBI files just dont work with comic ones.

Virtual Panel View will be always "weird" as it just split page to 4 parts.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 04-21-2013 at 03:25 AM.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:15 AM   #104
Jwing
Enthusiast
Jwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchforkJwing can load mercury with a pitchfork

Device: Kindle PW
Hey guys. Thank you so much for KCC. I've been using it a lot. It so use to use and there are a lot options. Great app.

There is just one issue about the "uncommon characters" such as: ç, ã, á and so on. The conversion is not succesful. It just to point that out, I can live with it, no problem.

Will be an AWKCC version this time?
Jwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:21 AM   #105
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

I'm glad you like our work.

That is known issue. Python 2.x and UTF-8 don't like each other very much.
Tell me. Newest AWKCC fail to convert it too?

I'm not sure if there will be AWKCC release for this KCC version.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools