Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-09-2012, 10:15 PM   #421
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
You can use karma points to download books from mobile reads.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 09:09 AM   #422
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
I would just like to be able to dock myself karma when I do stupid things like give wrong clues in the I Spy game.
We used to have karma deduction, but stopped it when all the mods went below -1,000,000
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 11:46 AM   #423
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
But... but I thought only the mods could deduct points from anyone?
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:25 AM   #424
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pholy View Post
But... but I thought only the mods could deduct points from anyone?
Well, that's the way It is since we balanced out the universe and set things aright after a long, involved quest and a lot of take out pizza.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:08 AM   #425
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Karmaflation

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
We are discussing a new karma system but have to wait until a new software upgrade, which keeps getting put off. We are also considering a separate merit based program. It just keeps getting a back seat to other projects. Thanks for your patience.
Just reading through this thread, a change seems overdue. With the high rollers able to give so much in one tap, it appears that the values for a lot of folks have escalated to the absurd, well beyond what was initially envisioned (comma-delimiting now required). I think if it's to have any meaning, a straight count of karma taps would be far better--why should a thank you from a newbie count less than a thank you from a vet? And I agree with many others that a history of Karma that I have given would be very useful.

Last edited by willus; 10-31-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: typo fix
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:18 AM   #426
David Munch
Scholar
David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.David Munch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O + iPad Air 4
Maybe a sponsor could be found, for an eReader for instance, which is then given to the person who has gotten the most karma (ie. best/helpfull posts) on christmas eve..
David Munch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:20 AM   #427
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I just want the history. In the end it only matters that I made someone laugh.
HomeInMyShoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:39 AM   #428
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
I've just been learning all about karma and think I'm getting the hang of it
now. Trouble is when I give karma I can only give 3 measly points! Not much when added to something like 500,000,000.

Looks like I better be making some helpful comments too or I'll get
the booby prize.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:56 AM   #429
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer
HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HomeInMyShoes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

^Most of us care about the comment with the karma as opposed to the karma amount itself. Of course, this is coming from a giant robot with 16,000,000 or so karma so take it for what it's worth.
Old 10-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #430
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katel View Post
I've just been learning all about karma and think I'm getting the hang of it
now. Trouble is when I give karma I can only give 3 measly points! Not much when added to something like 500,000,000.

Looks like I better be making some helpful comments too or I'll get
the booby prize.
When you give karma, folks appreciate the gesture and the comments you can add in the text box - much more than the numerical figure.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:02 PM   #431
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
poohbear gives chicken nuggets. No one knows why. Just the way he is.
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:35 PM   #432
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74Cuda View Post
poohbear gives chicken nuggets. No one knows why. Just the way he is.
I resemble that remark!
Old 10-10-2012, 04:26 PM   #433
HomeInMyShoes
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
I resemble that remark!
If you mean delicious, then I concur. Karma for you.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:54 AM   #434
Katel
Evangelist
Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Oh OK Poohbear and HomeInMy shoes - so you can give comments too. That's good to know. And overnight the good fairies visited me and increased my karma fortune ----- wowee (doing a cartwheel ..... or trying to, groan),
I'm told now that Katel doesn't need a manual to work the VCR.
Katel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 08:36 AM   #435
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katel View Post
Oh OK Poohbear and HomeInMy shoes - so you can give comments too. That's good to know. And overnight the good fairies visited me and increased my karma fortune ----- wowee (doing a cartwheel ..... or trying to, groan),
I'm told now that Katel doesn't need a manual to work the VCR.
If you want to thank the good fairies for your Karmic increase, click on the User CP button on the top left of the screen and scroll down to "Latest Reputation Received" - which will reveal the identities of your fans. You can thank them or converse with them by clicking on their names in the "Posted By" column.

And I am NOT a nugget!

Tags
focking, lefty