Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 07-25-2017, 03:51 AM   #1
THE DBX
THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Oasis Wifi+3g
epub mailed as png to Amazon will be converted

Hi,

I have find one function in standard.... kindle can read ePub without conversion!
I have change extension ".epub" by ".png"
After this, kindle show file and if I open it, directly we have the book!!!
Just, cover is missing.

Regards

DBX
THE DBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:52 AM   #2
baalajimaestro
Expecto Patronum!
baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baalajimaestro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2(9017) 4GB, FW 5.7.4
Gr8 idea @THE DBX this is the same way Kindle does for HTML files.
baalajimaestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-25-2017, 04:36 AM   #3
THE DBX
THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

It is possible to have cover?
Old 07-25-2017, 11:50 AM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DBX View Post
Hi,

I have find one function in standard.... kindle can read ePub without conversion!
Just, cover is missing.

Regards

DBX
Can you change fonts or anything else in the book? Can you look up a word?
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 01:02 PM   #5
THE DBX

Yes absolutely !!!
All is possible to change, like ".azw" files
Advert
Old 07-25-2017, 01:21 PM   #6
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Hi,

Just, cover is missing.

Regards

DBX
I just tried this with my Oasis, and was not able to get it to work. Here is what I did...maybe you can tell me what I'm doing wrong?
1. Change file extension from .epub to .png
2. Connect Kindle to computer
3. Open Kindle's documents directory from PC
4. Copy file from PC to Kindle's documents directory
5. Eject Kindle from PC
6. Look for book in the list on my Kindle, making sure that Kindle is set to show downloaded (sideloaded), and All Items.

Did I miss something, or do something wrong?

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:13 PM   #7
THE DBX

Hi,
My difference is:
-I have not use my compter for this, I use amazon sercice for transfert with "xxxx@kindle.com"
-After Amazon send me back the file, I see my file ".

When I come back in my house, I will try your step for confirm.
Regards
DBX
Old 07-25-2017, 02:16 PM   #8
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Hi,
My difference is:
-I have not use my compter for this, I use amazon sercice for transfert with "xxxx@kindle.com"
-After Amazon send me back the file, I see my file ".

When I come back in my house, I will try your step for confirm.
Regards
DBX
Oh so you are using send to or email. Amazon is converting.
Old 07-25-2017, 02:38 PM   #9
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Oh so you are using send to or email. Amazon is converting.
Yea, I just tested it. Amazon converts it to a AZW3. On the plus side other than a lack of cover/metadata/page numbers it does an extremely good job even better than ePubs I've run through Kindlegen on my computer. Although maybe that was an older version.

It still won't let you email .AZW3 though.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #10
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Highly misleading thread title.
Can you fix it?
Old 07-25-2017, 02:45 PM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by salamanderjuice View Post
Yea, I just tested it. Amazon converts it to a AZW3. On the plus side other than a lack of cover/metadata/page numbers it does an extremely good job even better than ePubs I've run through Kindlegen on my computer. Although maybe that was an older version.

It still won't let you email .AZW3 though.
Yes, Amazon have let you email ePub files for many years, just as you can email all sorts of other document formats. They're converted by Amazon's servers. This is nothing new.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:55 PM   #12
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Amazon is converting to Mobi and sending it back to you. This is not the Kindle reading ePub. You made it sound like Kindle's can read ePub just with a filename change.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #13
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

No, you do not get covers with sent documents.
Old 07-25-2017, 03:00 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
No, you do not get covers with sent documents.
You'd be better to convert via Calibre and send via USB to the Kindle. You get covers and page numbers (if configured for page numbers for Kindle).
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:38 PM   #15
salamanderjuice
Guru
salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salamanderjuice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Yes, Amazon have let you email ePub files for many years, just as you can email all sorts of other document formats. They're converted by Amazon's servers. This is nothing new.
It's new to me!

It also looks like Amazon's using a newer version of kindlegen or something on their server. With kindlegen 2.9 on my PC Japanese word highlighting does not work correctly, it'll just highlight everything to the nearest period or comma. Sent over email it works correctly. This might be the best ePub3 to AZW3 converter available, cover page and metadata aside.
salamanderjuice is offline   Reply With Quote