Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-12-2018, 11:17 PM   #1
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
People who have updated software, and now KUAL gives blank screen.

Hello all.

I am looking for a test subject.

If you have updated your kindle, and re-isntalled KUAL Booklet, but you are just getting a blank screen, I would like you to try this and report back.

put this jar file on the root of your USB drive.

make a file named 'RUNME.sh' on the root of your USB drive with this contents ( name needs that capitalization ) -- Make sure there are no windows newlines in the file either
Code:
#!/bin/sh
# mount system
mntroot rw 
# remove bad kualbooklet jar
rm "/opt/amazon/ebook/booklet/KUALBooklet.jar" 
# install my test jar
cp "/mnt/us/KUALBooklet.jar"  "/opt/amazon/ebook/booklet/KUALBooklet.jar"
mntroot ro

then search for ';log runme'

then restart your kindle, and then try to open KUAL Booklet.

( If you have usbnet installed, instead of restarting kindle, you can kill 'cvm' to reload java classes )
Attached Files
File Type: jar KUALBooklet.jar (64.4 KB, 1649 views)

Last edited by coplate; 02-12-2018 at 11:32 PM.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
jimxin
jimxin began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
It perfectly works on 5.9.4 with KOA2. Thanks @coplate

Last edited by jimxin; 02-13-2018 at 06:48 PM.
jimxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #3
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimxin View Post
It perfectly works on 5.9.4. Thanks @coplate
That's good news.

I am using PW3 with 5.9.4 - G090G1

What model do you use?

I think kual on all version of the oasis 2017 ( KOA2 ) have this blank screen. Does anyone who knc1 helped jailbreak have the time to test this jar?
Old 02-13-2018, 03:28 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
And for those who like to type (do not enter any line starting with: -- , those are for your reading pleasure):
Code:
-- What's on the other end?

myself:Downloads> ssh kpw 'cat /etc/prettyversion.txt'
Kindle 5.9.2 (~~otaVersion~~)

-- Put a copy on USB storage

myself:Downloads> scp KUALBooklet.jar kpw:/mnt/us
KUALBooklet.jar                               100%   64KB   4.3MB/s   00:00    

-- And on the remote device:

myself:Downloads> ssh kpw

-- USB storage root:

[root@kindle root]# cd /mnt/us

-- Make system root writeable

[root@kindle us]# mntroot rw
system: I mntroot:def:Making root filesystem writeable

-- Copy from USB storage to its place in the system:

[root@kindle us]# cp KUALBooklet.jar /opt/amazon/ebook/booklet

-- Re-protect the system root

[root@kindle us]# mntroot ro
system: I mntroot:def:Making root filesystem read-only

-- Cause the Java VM to restart (its cvm here, not jvm)

[root@kindle us]# killall 'cvm'

-- Watch tree grow new leaves ...
And the booklet version now works on a PW3-4GB, fw-5.9.2

= = = = =

(the document KUAL image is still stuck on the screen, but I am working on that problem also - hfpop's is gone, we know it can be done, I only have to make something for everyone else to use).

= = = =

Testing on a KOA2?
Not mine, it is still at step #5
http://knetconnect.com/koa2/KOA2_Jailbreak.xhtml
so it can be the test bed for the new software being written for step #6

Last edited by knc1; 02-13-2018 at 03:45 PM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:46 PM   #5
THE DBX
THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Oasis Wifi+3g
Ho ho!!!
Work fine for me... just more long for start but now it's ok!!!
Thanks !!!

My version: Oasis Wifi v5.9.4
THE DBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 04:50 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DBX View Post
Ho ho!!!
Work fine for me... just more long for start but now it's ok!!!
Thanks !!!

My version: Oasis Wifi v5.9.4
Which Oasis?
Old 02-13-2018, 04:58 PM   #7
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Works for me on KOA2 but 5.9.2.0.1, haven't upgraded to 5.9.4, so not sure if this is useful.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 05:08 PM   #8
THE DBX
THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.THE DBX solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kindle Oasis Wifi+3g
Hi
Oasis v1
Regards

...i have try to start epub directly without start KoReader... but not... I must use the way: Kual+KoReader...
Maybe on next update?

Last edited by THE DBX; 02-13-2018 at 05:12 PM.
THE DBX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 06:50 PM   #9
jimxin
jimxin began at the beginning.

Device: KOA2
Quote:
Originally Posted by coplate View Post
That's good news.

I am using PW3 with 5.9.4 - G090G1

What model do you use?

I think kual on all version of the oasis 2017 ( KOA2 ) have this blank screen. Does anyone who knc1 helped jailbreak have the time to test this jar?
I am using KOA2 with 5.9.4 - G000P8
jimxin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2018, 11:04 PM   #10
coplate
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DBX View Post
Hi
Oasis v1
Regards

...i have try to start epub directly without start KoReader... but not... I must use the way: Kual+KoReader...
Maybe on next update?

This fix is just for KAUL Booklet version. The people in the KOReader subforom here may be able to help with the opening epubs directly, I cant really remember how that worked "KPVBooklet?" but this wont help

If you send any of them over to this thread, these are the changes I made to work with this new obfuscation method.

https://github.com/coplate/KUAL_Book...4e225f028e0e3c

I dont think it will work for KPVBooklet anymore, because the function that takes the name of the book you opened is changed and we cannot call it reliably anymore.

Last edited by coplate; 02-13-2018 at 11:58 PM.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:17 AM   #11
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Quote:
This fix is just for KAUL Booklet version.
Will you update your installer?
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 02:55 AM   #12
coplate
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
almost certainly not in the next week.

I really did not spend much time on this, and I dont know how many devices it will work on, and how many it won't work on.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:14 AM   #13
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Quote:
almost certainly not in the next week.

I really did not spend much time on this, and I dont know how many devices it will work on, and how many it won't work on.
As posted by NiLuJe in his snapshots thread, KindleTool is now able to create packages for the new KOA2 (and the PW3-32GB).

But nothing has been repackaged for the KOA2 (yet). *

Work is taking an extra long time because of the combination of two factors:
1) The KOA2 is very expensive
2) There is no way to recover from a programming error that we know of yet.

well, three factors:
3) Amazon is reluctant to replace for free bricked KOA2 devices more that one or two dozen times for the same developer.

= = = =

(*) Read to the very bottom of the KOA2 jail break directions, there find a link to a script that can do the repackaging (in coplate's non-model locked format).
The script contains a table that the person doing the packaging has to populate (edit) with the specific package details - examples included.

Last edited by knc1; 02-14-2018 at 08:17 AM.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:01 PM   #14
knc1
Going Viral

Reports on both Oasis models (KOA, KOA2) and the PW3.
Still need reports from KT2, KT3, PW2 and Voyage users.

Of special interest are those devices that are running 5.9.2(.0.1) or 5.9.4
Old 02-14-2018, 10:06 PM   #15
Mentolathum
Mentolathum is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mentolathum is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mentolathum is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mentolathum is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mentolathum is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mentolathum is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mentolathum is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mentolathum is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mentolathum is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mentolathum is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Mentolathum is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Kindle Basic
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Reports on both Oasis models (KOA, KOA2) and the PW3.
Still need reports from KT2, KT3, PW2 and Voyage users.

Of special interest are those devices that are running 5.9.2(.0.1) or 5.9.4
Hello:

It worked perfectly on kindle KT3 fw: 5.9.2.01, after restarting
Mentolathum is offline   Reply With Quote